Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 gt and I can't get the h pipe off and I broke off one of the bolts and I can't get to the manifold how do u get to it

·
Registered
266 Posts
New me said:
I have a 96 gt and I can't get the h pipe off and I broke off one of the bolts and I can't get to the manifold how do u get to it
New headers maybe depends on how close it broke off and you might can drill it out

·
Registered
598 Posts
So your h pipe is still on? Where did the bolt break at? If it broke off up by the flange, you should be able to take the nuts off of the other bolts then pull the h pipe off. Then you can access the broken bolt. Possibly drill it out or use vice grips with a torch to screw it out. Now if the bolt broke off before the nut. Should be able to just take that nut off, unbolt the rest, drop h pipe then get that bolt out. You can buy new manifold studs at auto parts store or use an actual bolt from a hardware store. But getting the h pipe off is the best way to get to the manifold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts