Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seem to be getting a loot of wheel spin when shifting to second with full throttle (manual trans). is this my shifting? im new to the manual thing iv only had it roughly 3 months. am i shifting too late? or are my tires just not gripping enough? theyre getting sorta low on tread. but its almost always seemed to spin a little much

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
howsit stangin said:
i seem to be getting a loot of wheel spin when shifting to second with full throttle (manual trans). is this my shifting? im new to the manual thing iv only had it roughly 3 months. am i shifting too late? or are my tires just not gripping enough? theyre getting sorta low on tread. but its almost always seemed to spin a little much
Get a LSD from ford racing

·
Registered
95 Posts
Your tired wont grab because alot of horsepower, cold tires won't grip as much, and regular tires don't grip a lot to begin with.

·
Registered
433 Posts
a little bit of both. if you get a better pair of tires and slow down on the revs you wont have that problem. if your just hard on your car like i am practice shifting and find your sweet spot. may take some time but you will get it down

·
Registered
95 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
I solved that with wider tires lol 305/40/18 ^_^
That's what everyone needs to do better for the car and look freaking sick! Nice size BTW haha!

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Bigger tires will always help grip

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
howsit stangin said:
yeah i was thinking of getting 20's on the back and 19as in the front like the gt500. maybe this will help with grip?
What really helps is the rear wheel size as in width. The larger the width the more traction you get. That's why my 18's are enough cuz I have massive rear tires!

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

ChrisMustangs said:
That's what everyone needs to do better for the car and look freaking sick! Nice size BTW haha!

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Bigger tires will always help grip
Thanks and yea the stang from the rear looks BEAST!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Black99Snake said:
a little bit of both. if you get a better pair of tires and slow down on the revs you wont have that problem. if your just hard on your car like i am practice shifting and find your sweet spot. may take some time but you will get it down
what rpm do you aim for? cuz i generally shoot for around 6700 ish and that may be the issue

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Do you have the performance package? If so, is the advancetrac/stability enhancement system off? Page 205 of my 2011 owners manual states (in brief):

ADVANCETRAC STABILITY ENHANCEMENT SYSTEM
Your vehicle is equipped with the AdvanceTrac system. The
AdvanceTrac system provides the following stability enhancement
features for certain driving situations:
• Traction control system (TCS), which functions to help avoid
drive-wheel spin and loss of traction.
• Electronic stability control (ESC), which functions to help avoid skids
or lateral slides

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bucko said:
Do you have the performance package? If so, is the advancetrac/stability enhancement system off? Page 205 of my 2011 owners manual states (in brief):

ADVANCETRAC STABILITY ENHANCEMENT SYSTEM
Your vehicle is equipped with the AdvanceTrac system. The
AdvanceTrac system provides the following stability enhancement
features for certain driving situations:
• Traction control system (TCS), which functions to help avoid
drive-wheel spin and loss of traction.
• Electronic stability control (ESC), which functions to help avoid skids
or lateral slides
no i have the club of america edition. theres not much difference though is there?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Would it be that as you shift you let go of the gas a tad bit and reduces the movement of the tire as you shift and wheb you get it to gear theres too much movement from the engine and trans compared to the tires? I mine wheelspins from wot when I reduce the gas pedal between shift but not when I power shift? Idk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ebgonzalez1 said:
Would it be that as you shift you let go of the gas a tad bit and reduces the movement of the tire as you shift and wheb you get it to gear theres too much movement from the engine and trans compared to the tires? I mine wheelspins from wot when I reduce the gas pedal between shift but not when I power shift? Idk
i think you might be right. as apposed to letting go of the gas while shifting what are you supposed to do?

·
Registered
371 Posts
howsit stangin said:
i think you might be right. as apposed to letting go of the gas while shifting what are you supposed to do?
Power clutch lol if done right it is better. But if you are going on a road course I doubt youd be going wot then letting go a tad bit then wot youll be on the ditch if you try that.... different shifting for different environments just depends on the driver to know what he is doing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts