Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after many years of wanting a mustang I have owned a Mach1 for 3 years. Even with sports spring the handling is horrible. So much so I don't feel very confident driving it at the limit. I currently do HPDE events so one screw up could be the end.

So do these later mustang handle any better or would I just be swapping out one bad handling car for another?

Right now my Mach1 handles like a fat lady on roller skates!

I fear I may have to move away from Mustang onto something else.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Having driven a 2002 v6, and now a 2008 gt convertible, I can say that it does feel better. In my 02 it felt like I was in an suv when taking corners at speed. I don't get that in the 08. It feels much more like a sportscar should, but keep in mind it's still relatively big as far as sportscars go, and both cars were/are stock. If you want something that's crazy grippy you should look into smaller cars. Check out S2000s or Mazda miatas. They are so small and light they handle like dreams. I drove a miata for some time before I got my 08, and I'll admit, I do occasionally miss how agile that thing was

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
With some work, our cars can handle much better. If you wish to be competitive, I would switch to a race spring and possibly upgrade your shocks/ struts, add some camber bolts/ plates and 1-2 degrees of negative camber and you should have some renewed faith in your cars handling. Also upgrading to a more aggressive brake pad will help a lot.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
2011 and up handle MUCH MUCH Better, my 2012 V6 handles better than my cobra I think at least~

·
Registered
456 Posts
muscledom said:
Mustangs have steering wheels? Lol
I agree! Lol. Mustang = Muscle Car = fast in straight lines. If you want a car that has lots of HP and has a steering wheel, you have to pay big bucks. Something from across the pond.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Skulls98GT said:
I agree! Lol. Mustang = Muscle Car = fast in straight lines. If you want a car that has lots of HP and has a steering wheel, you have to pay big bucks. Something from across the pond.
You got it my man. My buddy has a 2011 wrx. It's pretty cool. I like driving it, wouldn't want one though. There aren't many imports I dig. America lol.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Skulls98GT said:
...wrong... plain and simple why do you think 03 cobras are independent rears? Road racing is where mustang's shine... watch the speed channel

My 07 w simple mods is great with cornering, and can only get better w mods... I put some Goodyear eagle f1s on and that alone completely changed how the car can handle corners... I took a curve today at 65mph the fastest I've ever taken it was 45 and that was in several cars

Wrx are fantastic, s2000 also fantastic but if u want power and go cart like handling out of the box w/o dropping money into mods get a 370 z... same price as a Stang but they come yo life on the track... watch BBC top gear... they will agree w me lol

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Silversky545 said:
watch BBC top gear... they will agree w me lol
Or is it you just agree with top gear?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have been in them they are a great car... but I also agree w top gear who am I to argue w guys who drive the basest cars on the planet

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
roxteddy said:
hey man.... you don't wanna be buying a Mustang for handling....

but what is hpde events anyways?
Your right the boss lc is only for straight lines... and mustang's have only won countless championships in road racing... again your right

·
Banned
510 Posts
Silversky545 said:
Your right the boss lc is only for straight lines... and mustang's have only won countless championships in road racing... again your right
Calm down Parnelli Jones lol. Mustangs can be a both kind of car lol =D

·
Banned
510 Posts
You're right though, there are tons of mustangs that compete in road race type events. But most people go to the drag strip.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
IMO most go to drag racing events for one of two reasons

A. Because they are not skilled enough or brave enough to compete in road racing
B. Because drag racing is far more expensive then drag racing here in America

OK three things really: because there are no road race tracks n said persons area

I have not road raced yet because I'm not in a position to afford it yet... but I will be soon... hopefully

·
Banned
510 Posts
Silversky545 said:
IMO most go to drag racing events for one of two reasons

A. Because they are not skilled enough or brave enough to compete in road racing
B. Because drag racing is far more expensive then drag racing here in America

OK three things really: because there are no road race tracks n said persons area

I have not road raced yet because I'm not in a position to afford it yet... but I will be soon... hopefully
Not sure I agree. if you haven't made a pass I'd be careful about making judgments on the difficulty. Not that I'm all huffy about it but its harder than you think. :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts