Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my pilot bearing and throwout bearing will im add it i was looking to replace my clutch as well to exedy stage 2 and reuse my stock flywheel just have it resurface my question is should i use the throwout bearing included in exedy kit or should i purchase ford racing throwout bearing as ive read on sum post it is the best to use thanks

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
I recently about a month and a half ago bought the stage 1 clutch and I used the pilot bearing, and throw out bearing that came along with it. People did tell me to upgrade both with ford racing but I thought if excedy is as good of a product as people and themselves claim it to be the tob and pilot bearing should work just as fine.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If people are saying to upgrade to the ford unit then im sure it has added security in some shape or form. I would take the peoples advice and use the ford unit to keep from having a promblem.

As far as Exedy goes im not too familiar with them but I am a fan of dual friction clutchs made by Centerforce and Ram. I have never seen another clutch with better repeatable performance numbers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts