Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
aiden013 said:
Anyone have objections to 3in. True x borla exhaust.
What's mods do you have? If your N/A you don't need 3 inch. You'll actually probably lose a little power

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have much, I plan on adding a new throttle body, and racing intake manifold. Right now it only has k&n cold air intake

·
Registered
916 Posts
aiden013 said:
I don't have much, I plan on adding a new throttle body, and racing intake manifold. Right now it only has k&n cold air intake
I wouldn't go 3 inch unless your supercharged. For the stock motor with bolt ons 2.5 is fine. You'll probably lose back pressure going 3 inch which will result in less power.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I wouldn't go 3 inch unless your supercharged. For the stock motor with bolt ons 2.5 is fine. You'll probably lose back pressure going 3 inch which will result in less power.
You only lose low end when you decrease back pressure.
Back pressure is RESISTANCE. Back pressure is NOT a good thing when trying to go fast. It simply allows for easier street driving in day to day situations. Losing it will not be detrimental, ESPECIALLY on our engines since they have great power to begin with.

Ideally you want a balance but the size of the exhaust as far as speed goes should be selected on power gained not back pressure lost. If the environment allows for such discretion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts