Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've heard the stock cats can gunk up pretty bad and be a real chokehold on power. Question is, how do you know when they've gone bad? Noises, mileage, no way of telling?

If I were to replace my cats could I pass an emmisions test with highflows or could I just buy new ford ones and only use 2 instead of the 4 stock cats and still pass?

Also, how much do you guys think a muffler shop would charge to convert my fake duals to real duals. I have mac's truefit duals and I want the muffler shop to just cut my y pipe, weld in new cats, and make an H pipe for me.

Here's another one of my crappy drawings. :lol: The one one the right isd what I'm talking about. Color coded for your reading ease!!! :p If it makes a difference everything connects with ball/sockets, now welding or cutting was done to my exhaust.

·
Registered
125 Posts
not great to do probally get some people screaming at me but i would got no cats (or gutted) and get some o2 simulators. youll pass emissions just fine. not sure what a shop would charge but probally be high.
i would consider putting a or an h off road with some simulators. the mac is a three peice set isnt it?
the blue in the left pic is a seperate piece right?

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blue is MAC's "reverse Y" and the green is what I want the muffler shop to keep/cut. I just want them to eliminate the blue piece, cut the green piece and the red behind the o2 sensors, then weld either 2 straight pipes or make me an H.

And wtf are o2 simulators? haha

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pennsylvania sniffs your exhaust if I'm not mistaken so simply telling my ECU everything is ok won't work.

And brent I don't want GT takeoffs, they sound like ass if you ask me. :p
I wanna keep my MAC mufflers, just want straight pipes or a custom H.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts