Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo after in instaled the o/r xpipe (no cats) and no mufflers was on for a week, at first it would be loud as hell if I gave it any gas at all no matter the rpm range. Now after being on for a week (no tune for it check engin light still on). I have lost like all of my sound and it's loudness is only if I floor the Peddle and some times it only lasts for 2 seconds then goes away. The live data reader says their is a fault in my exhaust. Could that be the reason for my sound loss? My car also likes to have stupid spurts of ludness for like half a second at random times, i miss the sound i use to have, everybody tells me im just getting use to it, but i dont think so if all my friends have told me it has changed and dosent sound like it use to. Any help with what this problem could be would be great!

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Exhaust settles in, it is always expected to change as it breaks in.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

The reason you are throwing a code for exhaust is because there are no cats, you can change that with either a tune or MIL eliminators

·
Registered
58 Posts
Generally like SoccerLuvr said the exhaust tone will change as the full exhaust breaks in but you're making it sound like its being heavily muted. I'd definitely get an SCT tuner and tune file from a reputable source.

·
Registered
434 Posts
if you installed an off road pipe and did not change the tune , the ECM still thinks you have cats and it is most likely in open loop, full rich. Get a tune for your setup before you screw it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts