Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I’m just trying to get some opinions on a good exhaust setup for 4.0 , I’ve had a few different set ups on mine from straight pipes to muffler deletes , I just can’t seem to get the sound I’m after I could just be picky idk and I know it ain’t gonna sound like a v8 but I’ve heard some damn good exhausts on the 4.0 so spare me that please , I currently have shorty headers, no cats, h pipe an the borla xs pro dual in dual out I like the tone of it cause it has no raspy sound it’s just really quiet and I did have the same setup instead of the borla muffler I had dual cherry bombs I didn’t mind that sound I liked it was loud but the raspy sound was starting to annoy
So any help in the right direction would be appreciated

·
Lorraine's driver
7,807 Posts
I'm not really sure where the Borla XS pro setup falls on the typical Borla list (Touring, S-type, Atak). Since you like the Borla sound, I'd see if there is an Atak series available. If the XS is basically an S-type or Touring, then Atak would be louder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I been thinking about the borla atak I’m just tired of spending money on different exhaust setups and still not enjoy it lol, I was also looking at the pypes violators and the m80s

·
Lorraine's driver
7,807 Posts
Yeah I been thinking about the borla atak I’m just tired of spending money on different exhaust setups and still not enjoy it lol, I was also looking at the pypes violators and the m80s
That's the bad thing about shopping for exhaust. Those youtube videos just don't capture the sound well enough to help you make at least 75% accurate decisions. It's more like a 50/50 shot lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right I agree I’m just gonna stick with the dual in dual out borla xs pro for now it sounds amazing just not loud but I guess I’ll take a quieter meaner tone over a raspy ass loud one

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,372 Posts
I pieced mine together on my 4.0, at 1 point I had the right straight pipe Roush put on their 4.6 cars (the pipes that Roush sent in the trunk) and the car sounded like crap. When I was done I had true duals with a Pypes X-pipe, left GT over the Axle pipe and GT500 mufflers and for a nice mellow sound it sounded good.
With my 3.7 I needed it louder because I could not hear it to shift (looking at the Tach while going through corners is still tough), I have about the mellowest on my 3.7 with the Short tubes and Borla Touring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts