Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo ironically enough i post a thread about my new exhaust but i have a problem with my stock one. So here's what happened, i accelerated and i heard a loud pop, my car then started to rumble and sound like a loud race car or motorcycle, i pulled over and noticed the rumble was coming from underneath the car and i felt the but more on the right side. It sounded as if it was coming from the cats, i felt each catalytic converter and the left one was hot and right wasn't nearly as hot as the left as if there was a hole or something was disconnected in it. When you give it gas you can feel air from the right side of the car by your feet and it smells like exhaust fumes. Anyone know what this is?? It's a 2004 v6 btw. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Stock exhaust is known to crack on the 99-04 mustangs. Condensation from the AC drips on them and will crack either on the header or below it on the mid pipe

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ForsakenProto said:
Stock exhaust is known to crack on the 99-04 mustangs. Condensation from the AC drips on them and will crack either on the header or below it on the mid pipe
hopefully its not the header :(

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
ForsakenProto said:
Please tell me there is a way to fix this. I hear it hit mine as well but mine hasn't blown cause I don't use the AC a lot. Do I just need some rubber tubes or something?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The pass manifold breaks at the collector. You will need a new manifold/header to fix it.

To prevent this problem ford's solution is to put a piece of gutter under the drips to route them elsewhere

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
lowflyn said:
The pass manifold breaks at the collector. You will need a new manifold/header to fix it.

To prevent this problem ford's solution is to put a piece of gutter under the drips to route them elsewhere
Pretty much, find a way to keep the water away from the exhaust, and we also install a hanger right before the Y on the mid pipe to relieve stress on the piping itself

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
ForsakenProto said:
Pretty much, find a way to keep the water away from the exhaust, and we also install a hanger right before the Y on the mid pipe to relieve stress on the piping itself
Good idea. When mine broke I was running true duals so the pass exhaust was dragging the ground. Made for an interesting drive home, tied the exhaust up with speaker wire from my subs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts