Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received the Pypes pype-bomb exhaust for my 2012 v6 and having some trouble getting the exhaust tips to stay or be centered in the bumper cutouts. Any suggestions? Or has anyone had the same issue with this exhaust? I love the sound of the exhaust so I wont be getting rid of it, if anything I might need to take it to an exhaust shop. Thanks

·
Registered
809 Posts
it all has to do with the placement of the hanger inside of the rubber bushing. get down there and man handle it a little, remember it's designed not to move once installed so it's going to take some muscling around. also make sure the brackets are securely bolted to your car.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had the same problem and finally took it to an exhaust shop come to find out it was welded crooked I sent them back and got the roush mufflers. American muscle was awesome about letting me send them back even after having them installed. I hope ur problem is not as severe but just food for thought there jig could have gotten off and created a bad batch so u might want to examine them really well!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think it's the hangers. They may just need to be bent in one way or another. I'll give that a shot. Just don't want to give them up. The sound they make is awesome! Must be the straight thru design

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I'm looking at ordering the same set, but I've seen multiple threads and pictures showing them having the same issue as you. On the other hand, I've seen pics of them on 2013s and they seem centered. I bet they did their test fitting on a 2013. The exhaust cutouts on those may either be wider or are positioned slightly outward compared to the 2011-12s

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I received the Pypes pype-bomb exhaust for my 2012 v6 and having some trouble getting the exhaust tips to stay or be centered in the bumper cutouts. Any suggestions? Or has anyone had the same issue with this exhaust? I love the sound of the exhaust so I wont be getting rid of it, if anything I might need to take it to an exhaust shop. Thanks
Same problem. I went to my muffler shop and had them weld an extra hanger to the muffler then center it then welded the other half to my car so now it doesn't budge and is centered

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About how much did that extra hanger set you back? And yeah, I've seen videos with the '13 looking good and centered. Maybe I'll need to take it to a shop to see what they can do with it

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
About how much did that extra hanger set you back? And yeah, I've seen videos with the '13 looking good and centered. Maybe I'll need to take it to a shop to see what they can do with it
Ten each plus ten install so 30 bucks and now u can step on ur and it won't move an inch

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
My pypes did the same but all you have to do it get under there and adjust the cat back pipe. My drivers side was off and it took maybe 15 min to fix. When you twist the cat back pipe either way it moves the tip. Also you have some adjustment on the axle back clamp as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh I never thought about that. That makes sense if the cat-back pipe is angled a little different that should fix it. I'll try that before taking it to a shop

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
My pypes did the same but all you have to do it get under there and adjust the cat back pipe. My drivers side was off and it took maybe 15 min to fix. When you twist the cat back pipe either way it moves the tip. Also you have some adjustment on the axle back clamp as well.
I think you just sold me on finally ordering a set of Pype Bombs haha. I never would have thought to try that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts