Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing my exhaust, and I am really pleased with the results. I started off with the Heart Throb 3 inch Cat-to-axel system with the H-pipe, and chose Flowmaster’s 40 series for the mufflers. I had a local muffler shop fab up the mufflers rather than buy the axel-back kit because I wanted a more custom look for the tips. The cost was a little more, but I am really pleased with the look.
As for the sound, when the car was first started and driven off the lift, everyone around looked over at me with big grins. It’s so low and deep sounding; just what I was looking for. The cabin noise is mild and very easy to converse with others. No drone at all, and best of all, it has that classic 302 sound of yesteryear. Hard throttle equals American thunder. I have heard and read a lot of opinions concerning exhaust, but for me, this is the best sounding setup I have ever had on a mustang. Lastly, as I drove home, I found a tunnel, turned off the radio, opened the windows, and did what any of you would do. If a symphony could play horsepower, it would sound like that magical moment. I am all smiles…
:headbang:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I finally got around to installing my exhaust, and I am really pleased with the results. I started off with the Heart Throb 3 inch Cat-to-axel system with the H-pipe, and chose Flowmaster’s 40 series for the mufflers. I had a local muffler shop fab up the mufflers rather than buy the axel-back kit because I wanted a more custom look for the tips. The cost was a little more, but I am really pleased with the look.
As for the sound, when the car was first started and driven off the lift, everyone around looked over at me with big grins. It’s so low and deep sounding; just what I was looking for. The cabin noise is mild and very easy to converse with others. No drone at all, and best of all, it has that classic 302 sound of yesteryear. Hard throttle equals American thunder. I have heard and read a lot of opinions concerning exhaust, but for me, this is the best sounding setup I have ever had on a mustang. Lastly, as I drove home, I found a tunnel, turned off the radio, opened the windows, and did what any of you would do. If a symphony could play horsepower, it would sound like that magical moment. I am all smiles…
:headbang:
Awesome! I had Flowmaster 40 Series on my 04 GT and I want to put them on my 2012 5.0. I was worried how they would sound, I have a hard top now and my 04 was a Vert. So the noise at times was loud. Its good to hear that there is no drone and you can still have a conversation. I will have them installed again. Thanks. Look forward to a video if you get it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts