Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
422 Posts
I would imagine it would hurt your torque some. If putting an x-pipe on the car gained power i would think one with a hole in it would lose some

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Can a decent exhaust leak at the x-pipe effect the cars performance.?
As long as the leak is after the O2 sensors and not to close to them it won't have much, if any effect. If the exhaust leaks before the sensor then it contaminates the gases and the sensor sends false readings to the ECU which will affect performance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
As long as the leak is after the O2 sensors and not to close to them it won't have much, if any effect. If the exhaust leaks before the sensor then it contaminates the gases and the sensor sends false readings to the ECU which will affect performance.
+1. Mine used to leak really bad at the manifold and where the pipe meets the header, I fixed both of those and it made noticeable difference. Trojan Horse, is it possible for someone to know too much about mustangs? Because I think if it is, you are beyond that point! ?

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

IIAMSTARK said:
+1. Mine used to leak really bad at the manifold and where the pipe meets the header, I fixed both of those and it made noticeable difference. Trojan Horse, is it possible for someone to know too much about mustangs? Because I think if it is, you are beyond that point! dde04
The dde04 was an emoji from my phone. Apparently it doesn't show up... My bad.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
+1. Mine used to leak really bad at the manifold and where the pipe meets the header, I fixed both of those and it made noticeable difference. Trojan Horse, is it possible for someone to know too much about mustangs? Because I think if it is, you are beyond that point! ������

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

The dde04 was an emoji from my phone. Apparently it doesn't show up... My bad.
:lol: Thanks, but no, you can never know to much. Most of what I know is on the older Mustangs, I haven't delved to deeply into the newer mod motors and electronics yet.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I use to have Bassani X-pipes with high flow cats , after new motor went in I cut the cats off and re-welded new stainless pipping in place. My fried who did the welding missed the tops of both sides of the new pipping and I had it fix today and it just seem different driving the car "in a good way" like it was smoother !!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
:lol: Thanks, but no, you can never know to much. Most of what I know is on the older Mustangs, I haven't delved to deeply into the newer mod motors and electronics yet.
What kind of mustang do you have?

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

WhiteCobra94 said:
Well I use to have Bassani X-pipes with high flow cats , after new motor went in I cut the cats off and re-welded new stainless pipping in place. My fried who did the welding missed the tops of both sides of the new pipping and I had it fix today and it just seem different driving the car "in a good way" like it was smoother !!!
Smoother is the perfect word to describe the difference. It's almost like a new car in a way. I was looking around to see if I was in my car because I almost forgot how good it sounded. Are you running full bassani exhaust?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IIAMSTARK said:

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Smoother is the perfect word to describe the difference. It's almost like a new car in a way. I was looking around to see if I was in my car because I almost forgot how good it sounded. Are you running full bassani exhaust?
No :-( my exhaust is a mut!!

BBK equal length header
Bassani o/r x-pipe
Flowmaster American thunder 40s

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
It probably is smoother getting rid of the disruption in the exhaust flow. :good:

I currently own an 86 GT & 89 GT Convertible. I have owned numerous Mustangs from 1965s to 2005s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts