Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which way should the exhaust pipes be placed? Above or below the frame connectors. I have a 66 coup with 302/C4/9 inch rear-end. I have welded in the Total Control frame connectors with piece that ties both sides together. Problem is, not much space under the center hump for driveshaft and 2 exhaust pipes. Also have the brake/gas lines running down the drivers side of the hump. Routing the exhaust pipes under the frame connectors puts the exhaust close to the ground. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
No choice but to go above the frame conn. you will surely be hanging down way too low if you put it under. You'll be hitting everything on the road and eventually start having exhaust leaks all the time. Happened on my 83 fox. Nice frame though!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's gonna be a tight fit. I may need to wrap the gas/brake lines to protect from heat. Never did like the side exhaust look. B'sides I have a GT which has the two holes out the rear valance. Going to exhaust shop to get a scrap piece of 2 1/2 inch pipe to see how much room. I sprayed inside and out with Lizard skin to help keep the heat out.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ya, I don't think side exhaust would look nice on a 66. Too bulky if you ask me and wrapping your lines is a great idea. Post more pics of the work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts