Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
call as many local exhaust shops as you can and get quotes for dual setups..and don't take no for an answer...if they try to convince you of anything else besides dual then take your business elsewhere if they won't help out. no 1 in 2 out systems either lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
There is a link on one of the recent threads of a setup I liked lemme see if I can find it I think it was cats with flowmaster 40s

·
Registered
434 Posts
Slo can correct me if I'm wrong but a good dual setup will run you 800-1k I paid 324.99 for mine and love the sound... Not the deepest but for the price it was great

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
call as many local exhaust shops as you can and get quotes for dual setups..and don't take no for an answer...if they try to convince you of anything else besides dual then take your business elsewhere if they won't help out. no 1 in 2 out systems either lol
Will do lol

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Slo can correct me if I'm wrong but a good dual setup will run you 800-1k I paid 324.99 for mine and love the sound... Not the deepest but for the price it was great
At american muscle?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i usually find flows used on Craigslist...or you can look at thrush welded mufflers...they are 2 chambered mufflers and sound almost identical to flow 40s for half the price

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ya well I was referring to name brand prices I know there are budget builds but I'm still learning mainly from slosix that's his territory I tread lightly there

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Only if you are going with name brand everything for full exhaust from headers all the way back... For a simple dual conversion you are looking at $350
But price is heavily dependent on your area. Call around to your local shops and get a quote. Then go with the one that is the most reputable with decent prices. Around me my quotes ranged from $250-700.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Ya well I was referring to name brand prices I know there are budget builds but I'm still learning mainly from slosix that's his territory I tread lightly there
lets say you wanted name brand...any autoparts sells flowmaster 40's...so $85 each...then another $50 a side for the tailpipes average price at exhaust shops...then the labor which around here is about an hour worth or work...so you're in the $400 range there for all new parts with a name brand :good:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just got the cat back system from Jegs, which comes with their mufflers. Costs $236 and I can install it my self. I'll do a before and after video on YouTube to show how it sounds then post a link on here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts