Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to an exhaust shop tommorow, and getting a $459 paycheck. i've read up a lot on the subject and i'm wondering if its all right.

1. gt take offs $100
2. 2x spintech pro street mufflers $150
3. h-pipe and installation @ shop $150

that sound about right? btw i have a '96 mustang.
when i go ask him how much the actual cost is, if he can do it, etc, i wanna sound educated.

assuming i get it all done for 400, what am i gonna do with the other $59 :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i know; im just gonna ask him and see if he can do it. btw if YOU wanna do it, ill pay you! i know u can't do mufflers but i know you've done take offs before and if they're aren't that hard. if not thats fine, i think it'd be very hard (my opinion)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
transformer should be here anyday; he said it was shipped so im just waiting for it. im not sure if it would involve welding. i think the mufflers would but i have no idea? anyone know? maybe if we installed the gt take offs and then have the proffesional do the mufflers.
-dave
p.s. welcome back from SC? or was it NC?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
North Carolina and thanks..

If you buy GT takeoff's then yea it will need to be welded and cut, if your going to put on new mufflers. You also going to have to decide what kind of a crossover pipe you want. Custom H, H, X, or cut your Y pipe into 2 straight pipes.

If you get a system that just bolts on we can do that very easily

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
150 labor is awfully high for just a couple pipes, i woudl expect around half that or 100 for the labor and what not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts