Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 01 V6, I Recently Installed A MAC OFF ROAD H-Pipe, WITH NO CATS, Is There A Significance In That? Does That Give More Power?, And My Second Queston Is My Check Engine Light Is On, I Think Because Of The Switch Over. I Have All The Connection For The O2 SENSORS, But THe Light Recently Cam Back On?? WHAT THE PROBLEM? If Any Of U Guys Know Hit Me UP!

·
Registered
251 Posts
th o/r hpipe does give u more power because the exhaust flows better without the cats. the check engine light is on because the rear O2 sensor is reading that there are no cats. u need to either get a Mil eliminator or a tuner that can eliminate the rear O2 sensors.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you dont want to buy them, I have a website you can go to and build your own. If your pretty handy with a soldering gun. Its not that hard actually, I just made one for my civic. And I think im going to have to make two for my brothers gt.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
On a stock Motor a H-pipe is minimal HP gain. Really more of a sound increase than anything. You can get mil's or you can get a Chip or custom tune but I would only go that way when you have some more mods like rearend gears.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You probably lost a lot of low end torque with that swap actually. And yes, you need some mil eliminators to get rid of the light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts