Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a 98 cobra. Just got it a couple months ago and it came with an o/r xpipe and she hates the sound. Would it be better to get a catted one or can she just get two cats welded in? Would the end result be the same? Not sure what brand the xpipe is. Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a friend with a 98 cobra. Just got it a couple months ago and it came with an o/r xpipe and she hates the sound. Would it be better to get a catted one or can she just get two cats welded in? Would the end result be the same? Not sure what brand the xpipe is. Thanks
Then she doesn't deserve the car.

Jk. What brand is it? Is it too loud? Would a different brand of exhaust be better?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mezmer said:
Then she doesn't deserve the car.

Jk. What brand is it? Is it too loud? Would a different brand of exhaust be better?
It's the sound. It sounds horrible. It sounds like tin cans rattling when she gets on it. Way to raspy and its too loud. Not sure what brand it is. I was just wondering would it be the same to weld in 2 cats. Also it has flowmaster catback.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Silver Pony said:
It's the sound. It sounds horrible. It sounds like tin cans rattling when she gets on it. Way to raspy and its too loud. Not sure what brand it is. I was just wondering would it be the same to weld in 2 cats. Also it has flowmaster catback.
It wld sound different. I have a flowmaster catback and just cut my two cats out yesterday. The result I got a louder meaner exhaust. When I had cats it was really deep but nowhere near as loud but nice sound though. Just my thoughts....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd say welding high flow cats in would sound nice they don't restrict that much power at all but take down the raspyness and take the sound down a little bit and sounds really nice

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lilgramboy said:
I'd say welding high flow cats in would sound nice they don't restrict that much power at all but take down the raspyness and take the sound down a little bit and sounds really nice
That's what she wants. It's just too loud for her. Honestly, it does not sound good at all. Can't believe I would ever say that about a Cobra.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Silver Pony said:
That's what she wants. It's just too loud for her. Honestly, it does not sound good at all. Can't believe I would ever say that about a Cobra.
Does it sounds like the exhaust pipe is hitting something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts