Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just got my exhaust on yesterday i took the cats off and went with the flowmaster divorced dual exhaust. I've been noticing high idles at high speeds when I'm on the highway going 60 it's idling around 2100 rpm. is that normal? and also its a 2004 auto v6. how can i fix this? thanks!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
When they cut the cats they could of josseled one of the upstream o2s loose slightly...when you idle where does the tach sit...right at 700 is normal for a stock.sixxer

·
Registered
421 Posts
Crowned1 said:
i just got my exhaust on yesterday i took the cats off and went with the flowmaster divorced dual exhaust. I've been noticing high idles at high speeds when I'm on the highway going 60 it's idling around 2100 rpm. is that normal? and also its a 2004 auto v6. how can i fix this? thanks!
AMAZING choice how much did it cost and post a vid!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
AMAZING choice how much did it cost and post a vid!
$425 w/ the welding to fix the piping above the right cat and i will ASAP :)

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

a bit high...clean your MAF, IAC, and TB and see if it helps...this idle issue could all be a coincedence
i will try this and let you know what happens!

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

flowmasters 10's? 40's or what?
40's!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you idle a auto on the highway?
what I mean by that is that the RPMs are higher when I let off the gas at 60 then they were before i got the exhaust put on. For example, before the exhaust when i got to 60 and let off the gas it would go down to roughly 1600 RPMs but now with the exhaust and i let off and it's stuck around 2100 RPMs, does that make sense?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts