Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I interested in purchasing a dual exhaust for my 99 V6, ive decided not to buy the headers just yet but i want to make is a true dual and not the fake one..... I will need H pipe and Cat Back- anything else??? and if anyone has some experience with good performane and quality would like some suggestions!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
off road or not??? are they both legal for passing inspection of what... new in the game so i need all the help i can get thanks

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
your stock headers are good till about 300 hp. DONT get an offroad h-pipe because without cat your car will sound like ass. and i suggest just getting some gt take offs, and some flowmaster mufflers :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
232stang said:
your stock headers are good till about 300 hp. DONT get an offroad h-pipe because without cat your car will sound like ass. and i suggest just getting some gt take offs, and some flowmaster mufflers :cool:
<< that works great! but... offroad means no cats= illegal in most states, headers are a waist of $$ unless your going big HP. u can look at the other exhaust post and read my post >http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123855&postcount=18 and http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123856&postcount=19 that should help some :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
GT takeoffs and a competent muffler shop will get you there. If you want them fairly quiet, just leave the stock mufflers in. Want more tone? have the mufflers of your choice welded in. Have the shop fab you an "H" pipe, and use the hangers they provide.

I got my takeoffs form e-bay, $127 shipped, and installed w/ a custom "H" pipe for 100. I don't think I could have done it any other way for cheaper without staying with a single exhaust.

Also, takeoffs are stainless, which is definately to your advantage if you live up north.

:burnout:

hope that helps!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts