Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know exhaust is all about what you like. But i am in between roush axlebacks, slp loudmouths, boss side exhaust, or stainless works catback with all besides the boss im going to run leathal performance off road x pipe. Which will give me that deep growl ?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Roush axle back! All day every day!
+1
That's what I wanted to put on mine, but I have Steeda axle backs and it's alllllllllllll welded. So i can't just change them out

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

I know exhaust is all about what you like. But i am in between roush axlebacks, slp loudmouths, boss side exhaust, or stainless works catback with all besides the boss im going to run leathal performance off road x pipe. Which will give me that deep growl ?
Go to AMs site. They have some sound clips.
I was searching for axle backs before I even bought my car.
I listened to the sound clips about 1,000 times and I always came back to the roush axle back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that is what im leaning more towards but i like the stainless works also but probly will go with roush axle backs so i can put the rest of the money on the boss intake manifold. Im also using the diablo sport t1000 tuner and its nice.lol

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Muffs are really personal. If your looking for a deeper noise though. You want an o/r H pipe. Not the X. The X is really raspy. If your after that clean deep muscle sound id say the H coupled with the roush or gt500 muffs would be a great combo.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have an 11 5.0 with the roush axle back and it's great;). But it depends if you want something with or without cats an what you're willing to spend .

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Muffs are really personal. If your looking for a deeper noise though. You want an o/r H pipe. Not the X. The X is really raspy. If your after that clean deep muscle sound id say the H coupled with the roush or gt500 muffs would be a great combo.
X-pipe or H-pipe, there is very little difference in them sound wise!.. The "rasp" that you are referring to has more to do with the muffler used and less with the mid pipe!.. A buddy of mine has the exact same Cat-Back setup as me, except he has an H-pipe vs my X-pipe!.. You can not tell the difference in the two unless they are parked side by side!.. And even then it is difficult!..

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I say Kooks catback and a Lethal off road H-pipe. This is what I have and it has a very nice tone. Here's a video of what it sounds like.
2011 Mustang TRUE flyby - YouTube

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
+1

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

As far as the X-pipe and raspy, it really depends on what pipe you run. No cats and a X-pipe will sound really load and raspy. I run Borla with a off road X and high flow cats and mines not raspy at all.
It isn't an o/r x if you have cats of any kind...

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
It isn't an o/r x if you have cats of any kind...
The Borla package I bought came with the high flow cats, the X pipe I bought was a off road X then I hooked up the Borla package I bought and it add the high flow cats right where the X pipe ends.
The X pipe itself has originally bought a off road X then I added high flow cats later.

·
Registered
779 Posts
If you go O/R xpipe and SLP get ready for one loud ass mustang!!! In my opinion I would go with Borla Attak or Bassani, X pipes go good with a round muffler so magnapacks sound good as well! :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts