Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to an exhaust/service shop by my work to see what they might charge to make me a muffler delete. They estimated 165$ ,anyone think that seems a bit high?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Seabiscuit said:
I went to an exhaust/service shop by my work to see what they might charge to make me a muffler delete. They estimated 165$ ,anyone think that seems a bit high?
That's a little high. I was quoted around $100-$125 but ended up just buying MAC boomtubes for $360 lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jgill1992 said:
That's a little high. I was quoted around $100-$125 but ended up just buying MAC boomtubes for $360 lol
That's what I was hoping he'd say. He did mention that they wouldn't know exact prices till they get it in the air and see what I want.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Seabiscuit said:
That's what I was hoping he'd say. He did mention that they wouldn't know exact prices till they get it in the air and see what I want.
Yea I've even seen as low as $85.

For quality work its worth it tho. There's a shop around me that charges more for almost everything but they are REALLY good.

But something like a muffler delete is a pretty simple job :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jgill1992 said:
Yea I've even seen as low as $85.

For quality work its worth it tho. There's a shop around me that charges more for almost everything but they are REALLY good.

But something like a muffler delete is a pretty simple job :)
That's why I thought 165 was ridiculous, I also wanted to see if they could fab up an h pipe, that I could see for 165 or so. I guess it wont hurt to get an official quote from them though

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Seabiscuit said:
That's why I thought 165 was ridiculous, I also wanted to see if they could fab up an h pipe, that I could see for 165 or so. I guess it wont hurt to get an official quote from them though
Yea take it by they might look at it and realize they can do it for less. Sometimes shops estimate high to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jgill1992 said:
Yea take it by they might look at it and realize they can do it for less. Sometimes shops estimate high to be on the safe side.
That's a good point, hopefully I can get it in sometime

1 - 9 of 9 Posts