Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm shopping for a full exhaust for my 13 GT and I can't decide whether I want 2.75" or 3" piping. I know I want an h pipe rather than x and I'd like to get some '13 gt500 quad mufflers. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'd say go ahead and get the 3". That way if you do future upgrades you won't have to redo your exhaust. I'm considering going 3" with Spintech mufflers unless I find a deal on GT500s.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a 2013 mustang gt if i get a 3" x pipe do i need to tune the car. I have flowmaster outlaws on it now does anybody suggest a certain x pipe.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
I have a 2013 mustang gt if i get a 3" x pipe do i need to tune the car. I have flowmaster outlaws on it now does anybody suggest a certain x pipe.
You have the stock H then? If so your outlaws and mid pipes are 2.75" and you'll either need to replace all of that or buy a modular x pipe.

I have the JBA myself and love it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
nosympathy said:
You have the stock H then? If so your outlaws and mid pipes are 2.75" and you'll either need to replace all of that or buy a modular x pipe.

I have the JBA myself and love it.
Yup its all stock besides the flowmasters of course. thanks for the help though i think i would just go with the modular x pipe are there any you suggest.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Yup its all stock besides the flowmasters of course. thanks for the help though i think i would just go with the modular x pipe are there any you suggest.
Well are you looking to go off road and remove the cats? Or just replace the stock H with an X?

·
Registered
545 Posts
nosympathy said:
Well are you looking to go off road and remove the cats? Or just replace the stock H with an X?
Its my everyday driver so yeah just an x pipe. Do you know of any good x pipes though. Thanks for all the help though.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Its my everyday driver so yeah just an x pipe. Do you know of any good x pipes though. Thanks for all the help though.
I have the JBA which is just slightly over 300$. I purchased it from AM.

The magneflow is also supposedly really nice but almost 600.

·
Registered
545 Posts
nosympathy said:
I have the JBA which is just slightly over 300$. I purchased it from AM.

The magneflow is also supposedly really nice but almost 600.
Thats awesome! How is the performance of the JBA.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Thats awesome! How is the performance of the JBA.
Well I also took my cats off so hard to say what it would sound like with them. You really won't see a big performance jump unless you remove your cats.

X pipes are going to be more raspy. If that is the kind of sound you are looking for. If you still want the deeper sound you'll probably want to consider an h pipe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What headers size for be best ?? 1 3/4 , 1 5/8 , 1 7/8 ???? Not really planning on fi for 5 to 10 years if I even do it . Everyone seems to think size matters and I'm sure it does with fi? In that video does it say what size headers he has and if he has 3in or 2.75 in?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Jrsgrabber50 said:
What difference would it make with a o/r H pipe instead of o/r X
The o/r x sounds more like NASCAR cars the o/r H sounds like a muscle car sound the x sounds better to me and also I went to a muffler shop and just got a muffler delete done for 60 bucks saved a tone of money on that one and sounds sick as everything u can change the sound with just different tips I reused my stock tips though

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Jrsgrabber50 said:
I was mainly talking in gains and does the bigger the size mean the deeper tone to
I was too, you won't be pushing out enough exhaust gases with just bolt ons to justify the extra money for a slightly larger opening diameter, and it would yield zero hp to have the larger headers unless you are FI and even then you'd have to be pushing moderate to serious boost for that to matter

·
Registered
112 Posts
Alright will it hurt the gains to have that extra diameter without the boost

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

sinister said:
The o/r x sounds more like NASCAR cars the o/r H sounds like a muscle car sound the x sounds better to me and also I went to a muffler shop and just got a muffler delete done for 60 bucks saved a tone of money on that one and sounds sick as everything u can change the sound with just different tips I reused my stock tips though
I really like that mid to high pitched raspy tone , lol it been kinda tough to find the sound I like I am pretty much down to the jpa full exhaust or the kooks full exhaust both with no catts

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Jrsgrabber50 said:
Alright will it hurt the gains to have that extra diameter without the boost
Honestly not sure about that, but I would imagine that it wouldnt reduce back pressure so much as to hurt gains either, but it could shift your power curve to have more high end power

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yea if you get the bigger diameter pipes it will hurt your bottom end a little bit proly not to noticeable it will open your top end out a little ill post a vid up Tomorrow and let you here what it sounds like sounds really good to me better than the 200 to 500 bucks spent on a axleback

1 - 20 of 22 Posts