Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody!

Let me start off by saying that I bought my last Mustang (03 GT) with all of the exhaust already done (LT's, o/r x-pipe, super 40 mufflers). It was loud AF, and I loved it.

The Mustang I have today is the 08 GT. The only exhaust mod on it currently is a Flowmaster cat-back. It sounds good, but nothing compared to my '03.

This time around, I have to go with a catted setup. My question is, will adding long tubes, high-flow cats, and an aftermarket x or h pipe make my exhaust sound significantly louder or better than my current cat-back only setup? How much will those high-flow cats blunt the sound?

I haven't had it up on a lift yet, so I don't know for sure, but my cat-back may already have the cross-over pipe. If that is the case, I would only be adding long tubes and high-flow cats. Same question...will the sound be significantly louder than just the cat-back setup I have now?

This comes down to money. Don't want to spend a huge amount of money for a marginal increase in sound.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My opinion if your on a budget would be off road xpipe. I put one on my 05 gt a couple months ago. I believe it was like 270ish off American muscle plus a 50 buck install. Way better than 400 dollar catback exhaust. However I don't live in a emissions stricter place. If emissions are a problem you could look at axlebacks. I know roush is pretty loud

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
50 Posts
You want loud?
BBK ceramic long tubes
Carted X
Corset extreme axel back!

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
My Roush is pretty loud with just Roush extreme axelbacks on a stock set up.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Frpp hot rod cams jba long tubes header off-road h pipe and borla stingers :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts