Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Currently I have this MAC Mustang Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit (99-04 V6) TK3849 - Free Shipping!
What do I have to do to get it to be true dual and sound even better? Do I just need a midpipe?
You should cut the y pipe out and used a h or x. But you could always do divorced that's what I hav and it's louder that the midpipe
V6in,

ProudSixxer definitely pointed you in the right direction. There's a few different options you could take here. You can cut your Y-pipe and weld in the rest of an X/H, You could get a custom mid pipe made or purchase a true dual system.

Either of these options would work, Let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I want to do is get Mac long tubes and some kind of x pipe... But still be able to pass emissions.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

What I want to do is get long tubes and some kind of x pipe... But still be able to pass emissions.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
What I want to do is get Mac long tubes and some kind of x pipe... But still be able to pass emissions.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

What I want to do is get long tubes and some kind of x pipe... But still be able to pass emissions.
then just make sure you have cats installed...hi flows would fit nicely

·
Registered
421 Posts
V6in said:

Ya if u wanna pass emissions keep the cats and I you hav the money go for LT and a h pipe. I plan on getting and h pipe and LT but all I had money for was divorced and I'm very happy with it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
ProudSixxer26 said:
Ya if u wanna pass emissions keep the cats and I you hav the money go for LT and a h pipe. I plan on getting and h pipe and LT but all I had money for was divorced and I'm very happy with it!
How much total did you spend on your divorced pipes? If you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I know this has been asked before prolly but whys he difference in an h-pipe and divorced I have my mufflers order and I don't know which to do

·
Registered
502 Posts
H. I've had both divorced and x pipe and the h sounds nice and deep especially if your going with a straight through muffler like the 10 series

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
another option for midpipe is a prochamber...it's like a fun combo of both x and h pipe sound wise. look for them used to come out cheaper. im planning to find some 10s to mix with my prochamber

·
Registered
421 Posts
1slosix said:
another option for midpipe is a prochamber...it's like a fun combo of both x and h pipe sound wise. look for them used to come out cheaper. im planning to find some 10s to mix with my prochamber
That would sound nasty

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

ProudSixxer26 said:
That would sound nasty
In a good way

·
Registered
421 Posts
98mustang11 said:
Yea that's for all of it and the tips I'm not sure they came off another vehicle I got them for free
Ur so lucky took a summer of working to afford mine but all depends where u live what mufflers are u gettin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts