Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Exhaust upgrade

Tags
exhaust
2K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  nosympathy 
#1 ·
My dealership I'm dealing with has a upgrade for my exhaust and its a great deal. Will I get as much gain as I'm thinking I will get with it?? It's a sport exhaust. Definitely will sound sooo much better :)

#4 ·
Captain4914 said:
Unfortunately I don't have much info on it. I can't remember exactly what the salesman said. He said it has something to do with the back side of the exhaust. I wish I would have gotten more info. He said it will be a lot louder
Won't provide any real increase in performance unless you remove the cats. I doubt the dealer is going to do that.

Sounds like he is talking about axle backs. They are going to just be for sound.

#9 ·
Still not gonna get a real HP increase with HF cats. These cars are different than the 4.6. The 5.0s show a significant gain when removing the cats,almost as much as adding LTs (so some say)

How much is the dealer wanting to charge for the exhaust? Dont commit until you compare prices somewhere else. I'm imagine the dealer will want your left nut and the promise of your 1st born child for parts and labor.

#11 ·
Unfortunately mine isn't a 5.0. It is a 4.6. Still love it though. Does that change a lot of things? The dealership told me its an $800 exhaust system that they have had in stock for a year and need to unload it. They said they would sell it to me for $200 and install it for $75. What do all of you think?? I wish I had info on the system for you.

#14 ·
Captain4914 said:
Unfortunately mine isn't a 5.0. It is a 4.6. Still love it though. Does that change a lot of things? The dealership told me its an $800 exhaust system that they have had in stock for a year and need to unload it. They said they would sell it to me for $200 and install it for $75. What do all of you think?? I wish I had info on the system for you.
For that price which isn't bad, I'm assuming they would be upgrading u to Roush axlebacks, which will only change the sound... Only type of exhausts that will upgrade power would be changing headers, and car delete with tune... Changing the sound is an awesome first mod, it will make u feel the like your driving a true muscle

#16 ·
gtstyles2 said:
For that price which isn't bad, I'm assuming they would be upgrading u to Roush axlebacks, which will only change the sound... Only type of exhausts that will upgrade power would be changing headers, and car delete with tune... Changing the sound is an awesome first mod, it will make u feel the like your driving a true muscle
Cat delete*

#22 ·
claudermilk said:
Roush axle-backs aren't $800. Might be Borla.
I couldnt see any dealership throwing a borla system at you for 200$ im betting pypes or maybe gt500 mufflers

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Captain4914 said:
Thanks for the info Claudermilk
Good lookin mustang though... You can find alot of info on this forum lots of knowlegable people on here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.