Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i noticed a massive decrease in mpg after deleting mufflers (18-20 before, 10-12 now). Apparently a little restriction makes a huge difference....lol....so whats your exhaust type as well as ur before/after mpg's

·
Registered
991 Posts
I run Flowmaster 40 series mufflers with an off-road x. I got 26 on the highway on a recent trip. I usually get around 18 in town. I could squeeze more out of it, but that would require boring driving and therefore be blasphemy.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,700 Posts
So i noticed a massive decrease in mpg after deleting mufflers (18-20 before, 10-12 now). Apparently a little restriction makes a huge difference....lol....so whats your exhaust type as well as ur before/after mpg's
Most people see a massive decrease after getting a new exhaust, cause they can't keep their foot off the gas lol.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
you've damaged something along the way i'm afraid because your exhaust isn't the issue..if anything you'll notice a 1-2 mpg increase (i always do). did you mess with the midpipe at all or just cut off the mufflers? i would't be surprised if when messing with the pipes the fuel filter got bumped hard causing the old filter material to collapse enough to kill your mileage. maybe swap it out and see if anything changes.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I did a muffler delete with a MAC prochamber and stock manifolds and didn't see any decrease at all, if anything I got 1 mpg increase

1 - 9 of 9 Posts