Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you run your car with out any mufflers or does it mess up ur sensors ? I have dual exhaust but a muffler shop ****ed up my pypes mufflers an I can't find my magnaflow mufflers so is it possible I need a answer ASAP

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
You should be fine with just straight pipes, unless you are taking out the cats, then you will start to throw codes. However the 4.0 sounds terrible with straight pipes... Your choice though

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soccerluvr4 said:
You should be fine with just straight pipes, unless you are taking out the cats, then you will start to throw codes. However the 4.0 sounds terrible with straight pipes... Your choice though
No I completely agree but the shop I toke my car to switch my mufflers ( cause I had magnaflow an I was switching to pypes ) an they thought I was a good idea to hit the muffler with a hammer an **** them all up an now I can't find my magnaflows ... Fml!

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

jamin22786 said:
You are talking about running straight pipes back, not just running with pipes only part of the way out, right?
I'm talking about everything but the mufflers only stock cats an everything will stay

·
Registered
289 Posts
If your exhaust only goes through to the end of your midpipe (nothing for axel back) then the heat coming out of your midpipe could be enough to melt plastic and even start a fire. It nothing else, you would have to have a tip put on turning the exhaust towards the ground (grass burner).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts