Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question folks. I've ordered the pypes pype bomb axle back and I was wondering if I ordered the pypes o/r x pipe(not the shorty) would I need a mid pipe or does the x pipe go straight into the axle back? Reminder: my first time modding a car! :banghead:

·
Registered
98 Posts
The X-pipe is actually a type of mid-pipe, so you'd be good! So, yes the x-pipe fits with the axel back. Replacing the headers would improve your system even further. (You'd be about $500 dollars poorer though)

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I can't decide whether to go with BBK ltubes or with the pypes long tubes. And no doubt I will be $500 in the hole but it would be worth it!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Personally, I'd go with shorty headers. Less of a headache and better sounding!

That's what I'll be upgrading to "shortly". Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just ordered the x-pipe from american muscle and it will be here thursday.. also would you see better gains from shorty's or long tubes?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Long tubes offer more performance, but they require modification and don't sound as good from what Ive heard. But...you've got a GT, so that's not really my expertise. Haha

You won't be disappointed with either! I've heard shorties in person. Freakin great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good replies much appreciated! So I'm putting on my exhaust myself, would it be better to start from the x-pipe first or go for the axle backs first?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Don't take my advice and run with it because I have no idea how to actually install a midpipe and axelbacks, but I'd say beginning with the X-Pipe makes more sense and going from there. Look it up on youtube!

Or maybe someone with experience can shed some light. :D

G'luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I kinda figured it would make sense starting there because what if I get the axle backs to far back and I can't fix the x pipe on there lol. Thanks bud, let you know how it goes

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Got a question folks. I've ordered the pypes pype bomb axle back and I was wondering if I ordered the pypes o/r x pipe(not the shorty) would I need a mid pipe or does the x pipe go straight into the axle back? Reminder: my first time modding a car! :banghead:
Thanks for the reply. I can't decide whether to go with BBK ltubes or with the pypes long tubes. And no doubt I will be $500 in the hole but it would be worth it!
Yea I kinda figured it would make sense starting there because what if I get the axle backs to far back and I can't fix the x pipe on there lol. Thanks bud, let you know how it goes
2007 GT,

Great choice! You'll love that exhaust set up, it sounds great. It really won't matter if you hang up the axle backs before you put the x-pipe on, but the most common way for install is from front to back. If you don't mind, after you get everything installed we'd love to hear your feedback!

As far as headers go, Long Tubes vs Shorty headers is a common debate. On most year mustangs the main factor is Long Tubes are really difficult to install and require the motor to be dropped off the mounts. However on the 05-09 Mustangs Long tubes aren't difficult to install at all. They slip right in and bolt up, I've installed hundreds of sets and can complete the process in about an hour and half!

Long tubes sound better and make more power. Shorty's aren't any easier to install on your year and give you less power and rumble.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Video will come up on Saturday. YouTube channel is FAPFAPFAP96

·
Registered
98 Posts
Didn't know any of that. Guess I was basing it off of a v6 standpoint. :D

Sounds good. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the video is up on my youtube channel. my friend only did 11 seconds. hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sounds good! I've always been jealous that fords overhead cam motors always were louder

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't know what I should go for next either 4.10 gears and a short throw shifter or BBK CAI throttle body and a tune?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was leaning on that too. I've heard where it improves 0-60 .5 seconds depending on the driver

·
Registered
692 Posts
My cammed and intake 5.0 got beat by a tuned, geared and o/r x pipe bad so I'd get gears if I were you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts