Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can't cut off my cats anymore, so my question is should I just go divorced or h pipe? And should I go with the flowmaster or magnaflow exhaust? I have a 2004 v6 auto. thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Crowned1 said:
So I can't cut off my cats anymore, so my question is should I just go divorced or h pipe? And should I go with the flowmaster or magnaflow exhaust? I have a 2004 v6 auto. thanks!
It's not going to make any difference which midpipe setup you go with.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
It's not going to make any difference which midpipe setup you go with.
well yes and no...since he is even firing yes it doesn't matter because it's not needed....however no because there is a huge tonal change in our exhausts just swapping from a divorced to a midpipe setup...and there is a good difference between the different midpipes as to what they sound like (pretty much like on any engine).

OP are you looking for something that has a sporty sound, or a grumble...an x pipe can achieve the sporty raspy sound, an h pipe will leave you with a deeper tone. x is louder then h...there is also a prochamber which is a good mix of the two..it's deep when idling but when you go wot it screams.

or you can stick with a divorced setup to be cheaper...this is also going to be louder then using a midpipe and can have a poppy tone. hope that helps

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1slosix said:
well yes and no...since he is even firing yes it doesn't matter because it's not needed....however no because there is a huge tonal change in our exhausts just swapping from a divorced to a midpipe setup...and there is a good difference between the different midpipes as to what they sound like (pretty much like on any engine).

OP are you looking for something that has a sporty sound, or a grumble...an x pipe can achieve the sporty raspy sound, an h pipe will leave you with a deeper tone. x is louder then h...there is also a prochamber which is a good mix of the two..it's deep when idling but when you go wot it screams.

or you can stick with a divorced setup to be cheaper...this is also going to be louder then using a midpipe and can have a poppy tone. hope that helps
hmm i like the raspy muscle car sound, so what should i go with? and whats the better one for performance?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

1slosix said:
it'll change the sound up and generally you'll notice your power band shift
i also don't want my car to sound like a ricer lol

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
don't even consider performance here....it really isn't a huge difference where the power band shifts..its basically a slight low to high end change.

as for what should you use...that's up to you...check out youtube and listen to different midpipes on v6's on there...you'll find what you like

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1slosix said:
don't even consider performance here....it really isn't a huge difference where the power band shifts..its basically a slight low to high end change.

as for what should you use...that's up to you...check out youtube and listen to different midpipes on v6's on there...you'll find what you like
what is a O/R h pipe? what does the o/r mean?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts