Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright for Christmas I'm supposed to be getting new exhaust and I want to go to AM and get there flow master for the 100$ rebate which would be my best choice? my gt is all stock so far.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have but I want to know from those that have them and see how they are in person
I have flowmaster American thunder catbacks and love it. I recently got an o/r x pipe which made it 10 times better, but I had just the catbacks for a while. Really nice, aggressive sound.

·
Registered
916 Posts
rodrigo9 said:
What's the difference between those and the stainless steel ones?
Stainless steel will last longer. And wont rust. But cost more

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if I buy he stainless steel ones will I be satisfied? If I want louder I can just buy an xpipe and that will make it louder right?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
So if I buy he stainless steel ones will I be satisfied? If I want louder I can just buy an xpipe and that will make it louder right?
Yep it will be nasty loud. X pipe is the loudest mid pipe and it can be argued which brand is better. I did MAC x pipe on my 01 GT with American Thunders and man was it loud. I had a few problems with Flowmasters. They will need welded in the clamps won't hold the tubes in they will eventually pop out. The other problem I had was the pipes that went over the axle rubbed the axle a lot could never get them to fit just right. I went with all MAC exhaust this time on my 02 GT and like it better and it was cheaper even with that $100 rebate.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay thanks! I was wondering what the difference between h pipe and x pipe and also catted or off road? Will off road be okay for DD? And I've been looking around at which exhaust I'm really leaning towards flows with 40s but I'm still deciding

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Okay thanks! I was wondering what the difference between h pipe and x pipe and also catted or off road? Will off road be okay for DD? And I've been looking around at which exhaust I'm really leaning towards flows with 40s but I'm still deciding
Well o/r or catted exhaust is up to you. If you do o/r it is louder but if you have emissions test in your state it will fail with o/r. If you do an x it will be very raspy loud if you do h it will be deeper smooth loud. Also a few more problems you will encounter with o/r is it will set off your check engine light unless you get mil eliminators to trick the ecu to think the cats are still there. Also if you have an 02-04 it will require o2 wire extensions because the o2 sensors are further away. You might also get some unwanted attention from patrolling police lol. Catted mid pipes is what you want if you have emissions checks in your state, it is loud but not as loud as o/r.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

This my exact same setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUzmXSOlc5U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay thanks for that info it helped a lot man! So this is what I'm planning I'm going to get the flows 40s and the h pipe and with the h pipe it will give it a deeper sound? Which is kind of what I'm looking for

1 - 11 of 11 Posts