Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
i prefer the sound of flowmaster over magnaflow anyday. performance wise ive heard mags are better but idk

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
http://youtu.be/47RviAE3R_c

It says 40s but they are actually 44s I like them but personally wanted louder.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

With 3 inch tips. Makes a difference

·
Registered
407 Posts
Catless MRT H-pipe and extremely broken-in (makes a HUGE difference) Flowmaster 40 series,
Excuse the loud exhaust cracking at the beginning, it was single digit temperatures out and the car was at operating temp from a nice long drive.

http://youtu.be/KJsylO6B7F0
What's causing that crackling and popping? Is that the sound I should be looking for? I have factory for most of the piping. At the end is Borla mufflers and tips.

·
Registered
341 Posts
im wondering the same for my car. i want to keep stock pipes because i dont have enough money for a x or h so my question is will i really hear a difference if i just get flowmaster 40 or 44 mufflers with stock pipe? its hard to tell from youtube vids because sound doesnt translate well and when i listen i feel like my stock start up now sounds almost the same thats why i ask if i was to get the mufflers and keep the piping will it make a sound difference, if so how much?

·
Registered
704 Posts
What's causing that crackling and popping? Is that the sound I should be looking for? I have factory for most of the piping. At the end is Borla mufflers and tips.
The cracking/popping is the result of small afterfires. The unburnt fuel from injectors pouring it into the motor at WOT doesn't get filtered because there are no cats to do so. It enters the hot piping and combusts. It's totally normal for performance exhaust.
Borla sounds wicked with a quality X. I honestly don't like the X unless its on a 4v, even with Borla. If you ask me, 2vs just don't sound right with bullet mufflers and an X, they aren't deep enough. The only exception in my book is to include LTs to deepen everything up.
Chambered mufflers produce that deep roar us 2v-ers need a bit of help making.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I want to upgrade headers and H pipe but afraid of the extreme standards of testing here in Japan. I have to keep the O2 sensors and I've seen AM has a catted H pipe that fits BBK long tube headers. Curious if that would fit my Borla as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts