Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get new exhaust for my Mustang. I have been looking and I am really liking the S-Type catback from Borla. Before I put the money down, just wanted to get your input to see in there might be something better out there that I am missing.

What is your price for that part?

Thanks again
Matthew

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I am looking to get new exhaust for my Mustang. I have been looking and I am really liking the S-Type catback from Borla. Before I put the money down, just wanted to get your input to see in there might be something better out there that I am missing.

Thanks again
Matthew
Matthew,

The Borla S-Type catback is one of the nicest quality catbacks we sell. IMO, it sounds great on all year Mustangs, mostly because of the deeper tone/growl it has. The only reason I don't suggest it often is because of the price and lot of people are using a tight budget. That being said, it's one of my most favorite exhaust systems out there and the fitment quality is next to none. Plus it's made from 304 grade stainless steel that will literally outlast the car.

If it's in your budget, the Borla S-Type would be my first pick. Our current pricing is $699.99 for the Axleback. Unfortunately, we don't have the full S-Type catback available for v6 cars, just the GT's. Although, it's not a bad thing, since getting just an axle back will save you some serious cash!

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything else!

Shane

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luckly I have a 2013 M6 GT. Would I need to do a tuner as well even though I just changed the exhaust? Just wanting to get the most bang for my buck if you know what I mean.

And yes, I am on budget but also do not want to skip on poor parts. So I am willing to spend a little more for quality. So what's the drive out price if I order it today? How soon could I get it?

Also, is this something I can out on in my drivaway, or should I pay a shop to do it?

Thanks again
Matthew

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sorry for the mix-up! I saw you had a '13 by your profile, but didn't see GT written anywhere.

A tuner is not necessary for cat-back or axle-back swaps. You'll be perfectly fine with just bolting on a new system.

The pricing on our site is the lowest available at the moment and of course free shipping is standard. If you order them before 5pm EST, they'll ship out to you today, too. All of our parts are stored in our Malvern, PA warehouse. Delivery will depend on where you're located in the country.

Hope this helps!

Shane

·
Registered
51 Posts

Thanks again
Matthew

Hey homie-Got my Borla S-type in today. This will be a busy weekend...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really like the look, but I'm not too happy about taking a knife to the bumper of my new stang. You got a steady hand?
Not really, but I got a job and can pay someone with a steady hand.

Anybody can just bolt something on. A real man has no fear cutting on a car with paper plates

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not really, but I got a job and can pay someone with a steady hand.

Anybody can just bolt something on. A real man has no fear cutting on a car with paper plates

I see a lot of real men driving those cars.......usually as I pass the trailer park.:lmao:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I was all but sold on getting the o/r x pipes but now I'm leaning more towards the h pipe instead. I've watched video after video to see the difference and the x pipe is a little high pitched rasp which is a bit of a turn off to me personally. While the h is deeper subtle but powerful sound. But then the x pipe has the edge in performance gains and I'm all about performance so I'm stuck on which one to choose from ...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was all but sold on getting the o/r x pipes but now I'm leaning more towards the h pipe instead. I've watched video after video to see the difference and the x pipe is a little high pitched rasp which is a bit of a turn off to me personally. While the h is deeper subtle but powerful sound. But then the x pipe has the edge in performance gains and I'm all about performance so I'm stuck on which one to choose from ...
From what I've read from people who say they are around dynos all the time, the difference performance wise between an X and H pipe is negligible. Sound seems to be the main difference simply due to the airflow and intersections.

Food for thought

·
Registered
178 Posts
mtuck:

I don't know if you've made your decision yet, but I can honestly say that the Borla S-type is the best sounding exhaust that I've heard. That might not mean anything to you, but I figured I'd let you know that you're definitely looking at the right brand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts