Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey us I was wondering how I could make my exhaust sound deeper, but not necessarily extremely loud, and also have that muscle car rumble. Thanks. Any questions about my current exhaust setup or anything just ask.

·
Registered
509 Posts
What engine? Headers? Dual exhaust now?

You can get a good sound on almost anything with a standard muffler shop "turbo muffler". The size of the pipes is important though. Conservative up to the muffler will keep decent low end performance. 1/2" bigger from the muffler back won't affect performance but gives it a good sound.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What engine? Headers? Dual exhaust now?

You can get a good sound on almost anything with a standard muffler shop "turbo muffler". The size of the pipes is important though. Conservative up to the muffler will keep decent low end performance. 1/2" bigger from the muffler back won't affect performance but gives it a good sound.
351w, no headers, and yes I have duals with I believe 2.5 inch pipes

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Headers will make a difference.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Ok thanks. Do you suggest Tri Y's, Long Tube or what? And also, is there a good brand I should look at?
Tri y work well. Try to get ceramic coated if you can or at least stainless. Black high temp paint burns off fairly quick then they're just rust.

·
Registered
161 Posts
X pipe and magnaflows.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
X pipe and magnaflows.
Thank you rbohm you've helped me on pretty much every thread I've made so far! And it's always appreciated haha

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Dude I just wanted to say I love your Car.:headbang:
Thanks man! Not a bad looking GT you have! All stock?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts