Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was going to say get a BORLA ATAK but if u dont want popping (i dont know why u dont want it, is like the best part about an exhaust) then dont even get an exhaust to start with, unless u drive auto, or dont shift pass 2k rpm

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Do a search on exhaust here. There are hundreds of posts you can read through, then make your choice.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I suggest Magnaflow Street catback/axlebacks. They are deep, but don't have any of that backfire-like "popping" to them. It's more like a gurgle which I much prefer. They also aren't obnoxiously loud like the Roush, ATAK's, etc. The video that I've posted below is a pretty good representation of how they sound in person.

2011 V6 Mustang Magnaflow Street Series - YouTube

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to say get a BORLA ATAK but if u dont want popping (i dont know why u dont want it, is like the best part about an exhaust) then dont even get an exhaust to start with, unless u drive auto, or dont shift pass 2k rpm
I don't know but the popping noise just isn't my taste haha

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I suggest Magnaflow Street catback/axlebacks. They are deep, but don't have any of that backfire-like "popping" to them. It's more like a gurgle which I much prefer. They also aren't obnoxiously loud like the Roush, ATAK's, etc. The video that I've posted below is a pretty good representation of how they sound in person.

These sound nice

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
The popping you're hearing is the mic cutting out mostly. I've heard roush, magnaflow street, open/straight, and I've owned flowmasters in the past.

Flows-pop and gurgle like an old street machine. Rice cans in the uppers. Drone a little but not as bad as roush.

Mags- nice and deep. People say they don't drone but at that low of a note, they drone slightly like the stock exhaust.

Roush- oh God they ring, rattle, spit, sputter, roar yet they are tasteful. I love them because thy are a quiet hum. But past 3,000, forget screaming at someone. Get resonators to cut some whine off.

Straight/ open manifold- mother of God! Loud, worse drone than the roush, throttle lag if you just dump the axles off. And they are just brutal in your face force. They wale like roush near the red line.

I'm in the process of getting the roush w/ some resonators. I have a "boss 227" it needs to sound like a track car. But in your case, borla s type and touring and the streets I would look into. I have a cheap computer system ($30) with a sub and I listened to all the exhaust. Virtually I like the ford racing touring or the s type.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts

U have a random question why did ur license plate lights turn on like half way through the video

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I can tell you one thing, non of the videos sound like in person. I have found consumer camcorders don't do loud sounds well, be it shooting, rockets, or car exhausts.

I got Ford Racing Sports, which are made by Borla Stingers, even had a Borla hat in the box.

Myself and the dealer were like "Step Off, those are great sounding!" when we fired it up for the first time. I have an auto and it doesn't pop like the MTs.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
The popping you're hearing is the mic cutting out mostly. I've heard roush, magnaflow street, open/straight, and I've owned flowmasters in the past.

Flows-pop and gurgle like an old street machine. Rice cans in the uppers. Drone a little but not as bad as roush.

Mags- nice and deep. People say they don't drone but at that low of a note, they drone slightly like the stock exhaust.

Roush- oh God they ring, rattle, spit, sputter, roar yet they are tasteful. I love them because thy are a quiet hum. But past 3,000, forget screaming at someone. Get resonators to cut some whine off.

Straight/ open manifold- mother of God! Loud, worse drone than the roush, throttle lag if you just dump the axles off. And they are just brutal in your face force. They wale like roush near the red line.

I'm in the process of getting the roush w/ some resonators. I have a "boss 227" it needs to sound like a track car. But in your case, borla s type and touring and the streets I would look into. I have a cheap computer system ($30) with a sub and I listened to all the exhaust. Virtually I like the ford racing touring or the s type.
The issue with the Flowmaster axle back force II system are the tips. They hold in water and causes the exhaust to crackle and pop when the air is being sucked back into the mufflers. It's the water getting sucked back in that is causing that horrible ricer sound. Once you remove the tips, the Force II has a deep throaty tone but you need to spend more money on different tips or roll the no tip look. Looking back I think the Magnaflow street axle backs would of been a better set up meaning a deeper, lower pitched tone for someone with headers and off road x pipe. We shall see what the two glass pack resonators will do after installed is Tuesday.

·
Registered
122 Posts
U have a random question why did ur license plate lights turn on like half way through the video
It's not my car so I have no idea why it does that.

Once it starts getting warm around here again I'll probably get out my studio gear and make some nice videos of my Magnaflow Street Catback.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
What you are looking for----

Magnaflow Streets

A nice deep rumble at start up, No Drone at all, A very nice tone at 75/85 MPH. All Stainless steel construction, Excellent looking tips. They just not only sound great but also look great.

Much lighter and better sounding then the stock mufflers plus a tad bit of increased performance.

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
The issue with the Flowmaster axle back force II system are the tips. They hold in water and causes the exhaust to crackle and pop when the air is being sucked back into the mufflers. It's the water getting sucked back in that is causing that horrible ricer sound. Once you remove the tips, the Force II has a deep throaty tone but you need to spend more money on different tips or roll the no tip look. Looking back I think the Magnaflow street axle backs would of been a better set up meaning a deeper, lower pitched tone for someone with headers and off road x pipe. We shall see what the two glass pack resonators will do after installed is Tuesday.
Where you get those resonators at?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts