Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2014 gt last week and I was wondering if anybody can give me some exhaust set ups that will turn heads and also will getting an aftermarket exhaust void any warranty that my car has??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Stainless works my friend! Everybody raves about roush and gt500 axle backs, but honestly they are cheap and suck. They sound like a popcorn maker because they crackle so much. If you really want to hear what the 5.0 is capable of, go with stainless works. I have their catback (headers and x pipe next week ), and it is very loud and sounds great! They turn heads everywhere I go.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Just bought a new 2014 gt last week and I was wondering if anybody can give me some exhaust set ups that will turn heads and also will getting an aftermarket exhaust void any warranty that my car has??
I would go with quad if you have the $$ here is a couple of pics, they are made by borla. Look up the install for the valance online. Best exhaust money can buy for a 13-14 5.0

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
The quads do look good. Did you buy the Borla GT500 axle backs or are the special order? How was the rear valance to put on?

Thanks
Matthew

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The quads do look good. Did you buy the Borla GT500 axle backs or are the special order? How was the rear valance to put on?

Thanks
Matthew
They are 13 gt500 borla and the install was super easy, I did it without roving the bumper in 2 hours

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have Roush and I love it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Stainless works my friend! Everybody raves about roush and gt500 axle backs, but honestly they are cheap and suck. They sound like a popcorn maker because they crackle so much. If you really want to hear what the 5.0 is capable of, go with stainless works. I have their catback (headers and x pipe next week ), and it is very loud and sounds great! They turn heads everywhere I go.
I don't think you've ever eaten popcorn (at least in regards to the GT500 exhaust). It doesn't crackle, it's a deep gargle, it's not really comparable to the Roush. Also, people rave about them because I'd say most of the people on here like them. They are both some of the loudest axle backs there are until you move up to quad exhaust.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Then the question is... off road x-pipe or catted x-pipe

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Thank you again. I may pull the trigger and buy it this weekend. Need to do some price checking
Catted if you want to keep that warranty my friend other wise magnaflow o/r x ftw

1 - 20 of 48 Posts