Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just finished my routine maintenance for both my mustangs, and I'm wanting to upgrade my exhaust on my green mustang, the black one I own has flowmaster force 2 on it, but I want an even louder/beefier sound, possibly the next set up, American thunder flowmasters, but flowmaster says you can't do it, so I was wondering if its possible to do or if anyone has already, or if anyone has another exhaust in mind, aside from straight pipe, illegal in ohio

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not knowing what to expect sound wise the videos I think got me in the ball park. Sob is loid as hell with the right side completely seperated. Fixing it in next week or so. Getting tired of drivin the wifes VUE

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
A single chamber muffler works better with the prochamber. The 40's will make it very quite and mellow, especially with cats.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

But a prochamber and a set of mufflers is all you need. Take em to your preferred shop and have them welded in. Prochamber is $250-300, mufflers (flow 10's) $160, install $150-400 depending on tips you select, and your area.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright thanks alot, ill deff have to look into it, I can fab and weld so shld be no problem to weld it, do you have any videos of yours, revved and everything, just for an idea by chance, because up here everything That has exhaust work, everyone runs FlowMaster up in Ohio, at least in my area, And that's why my black Mustang has flow masters, but it's loud, but I want it really loud, I want it loud enough to where you can hear it a little ways off, but I don't want to get in trouble for straight piping, which the cops will ticket you for here, Unless you prove it's not straight pipe

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Alright thanks alot, ill deff have to look into it, I can fab and weld so shld be no problem to weld it, do you have any videos of yours, revved and everything, just for an idea by chance, because up here everything That has exhaust work, everyone runs FlowMaster up in Ohio, at least in my area, And that's why my black Mustang has flow masters, but it's loud, but I want it really loud, I want it loud enough to where you can hear it a little ways off, but I don't want to get in trouble for straight piping, which the cops will ticket you for here, Unless you prove it's not straight pipe
This is one of the videos of mine, plenty loud and most importantly not straight piped. Straight pipes on a sixxer sounds horrible. Thats why those that do it, change it.

I envy you. I wish I could weld, would save me a bunch of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFqIGPyiqRs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know who's this is, but I want my exhaust to be this loud, and sound like this
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AnEBj8ajyVM

Let me know what you think

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Also man if you want, you could send stuff to me, I'd be glad to weld it for a fellow V6 mustang fan
We all have to stick together, LOL

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
His setup inspired mine, he is here on mustang evolution as robb15503.

Mine is a bit louder, but I dont have any cats.

All you need to do for what you want is to have your cats removed, throw on some long tubes, and the mac prochamber and flowmaster 10's.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh awesome, but arnt flowmaster 10's like the quiet ones, like when you go to flowmasters website and look up all them, on their aggression meter only hits like moderate at most as to where 40's or 44's are full on aggressive meter

·
slow281
3,069 Posts
Oh awesome, but arnt flowmaster 10's like the quiet ones, like when you go to flowmasters website and look up all them, on their aggression meter only hits like moderate at most as to where 40's or 44's are full on aggressive meter
No 10s are the loudest

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
10 - 40 - super 40 - super 44 - 50

10 being the loudest and most aggressive, 50 being the most mild and quiet

1 - 20 of 41 Posts