Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 99 v6- tryign to decide on a dual exhaust- i was leaning towards Borla-love some suggestions feedback on it or any other exhaust system

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
borla is a nice stainless steel exhaust system but is extremely expensive. Never heard Borla on a mustang before but I heard alot of people like it. If you dont mind dishing out the money for it then go for it

·
Registered
187 Posts
if you want some serious sound i know that SLP makes a "loudmouth" exhaust for the mustang. it is a true dual exhuast go you would need coustom dual or h or x pipe . whatever you do don't keep your stock y-pipe. it defeats the purpose of dual exhaust.

·
Registered
529 Posts
go check out www.mustangexhaust.com for sound clips. also, I'd avoid the straight flow through style mufflers on a v6 as those will be very raspy at high rpms generally. And you really don't need more then a y pipe on the v6 unless you go with a major power adder. The H pipe is only going to get you a couple horses on the V6 and removing your cats will probably make it sound like crap. That's my opinion though, I'd say go see what different setups sound like. make sure you have good speakers though!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
definately recommend borla, yes it is costly but you pay for what you get. When I get exhaust it will either be borla or bassani.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts