Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and a buddy tried to put on my new x pipe, well the bolts for the down pipe off the manifold of the passenger side won't budge idk what's going on any one know any tricks to get to them better best he could get to them was with a giant extension and still couldn't do it I just wanna get my x on my car and out of my garage lol

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Deep socket with a universal. That barely fit for me but I got mine off. I also had like a foot of extensions. It's a pain in the butt either way.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We tried a deep socket, a swivel, and like a foot of extensions lol

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Nate98stang said:
So me and a buddy tried to put on my new x pipe, well the bolts for the down pipe off the manifold of the passenger side won't budge idk what's going on any one know any tricks to get to them better best he could get to them was with a giant extension and still couldn't do it I just wanna get my x on my car and out of my garage lol
Soak it in penetrating oil, use a short extension. Slip a big pipe, or if you have a 2 part jacl handle, over the ratchet. Apply torque. Your probabally gonna have to drill it out after you break the bolt lol.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Lol I HAD to cut my bolts. They were so tight I couldn't budge them with a 3 ft extension pipe on the wrench. I tried and tried and tried to drill out the bolts after grinding the nubs to the flange with zero success. All I accomplished was snapping about 20 bits. So I took it to a local muffler shop and said screw this just weld it lol. This was after about a day and a half of laying under my car grinding and cutting and attempts at drilling. Turned out to be the toughest thing I've done on my car yet, and I put aftermarket cams and valve springs in.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I just used my GI•JOE with the Kung Fu grip! Came right off! Lol, just kidding... :D
You're probably just gonna have to take it to a muffler shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts