Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually do not have a 5.0 but i plan on getting one next year. With all the bolts ons and a new set of tires with a tune, how much whp and tq is reasonable to get?
Also if i went all out without doing any weight reduction to the 5.0, whats the fastest , most track capable can i really make it? Would it be able to keep up with a gt350r or a c7 zo6? Maybe even be a faster track car? What kinda number should i expect?
Top speed , 0 to 60 , 0 to 100 , 1/4?
Ik this is a completely open question

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
115 Posts
thats a hard question to answer because different set ups yield different results, and different dyno's yield different numbers depending on a number of variables. i can tell you this, before i got my car supercharged, i had full bolt ons and after the car was dyno tuned it was making 439 whp. but i wouldn't get wrapped up in dyno numbers if i were you. honestly i don't see the 5.0 being able to keep up with a gt350r or c7 z06 on the track due to suspension limitations even with a total track set up done to the car, but i drag race not track race so hopefully somebody with more track experience can chime in for you there.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Mid to high 11's full weight depending on premium or base model because of stock weight and how dialed in the setup is. Low 12's-high 11's aren't too hard to obtain on a full weight car.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
If you want to know how well an S197 mustang can do on track, look up the Vorshlag 5.0. I can tell you the 5.0 is fantastic on track, but i can also tell you that until you get in the more advanced levels of open track days and/or racing, 9 times out of 10 you're beating the driver and not the car.

That being said, my first time out to the track i had 450 whp and was getting left by cars with half (or less) my whp. I sold some parts, re evaluated my build, got retuned at my now more basic set up to about 400 whp, added some proper tires, and was much faster than i had previously been. Decide what you want from the get go and mod accordingly, dont mod and then decide what you want to do because chances are you'll end up wasting money on one thing or another -_-

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Everyone has given good answers and the one unanswered question from you is how much money are you willing to spend to have a fast drag car/open track car? Looking at making a street/drag/track car that will perform doing all three..........personally I think it's unrealistic.
I've owned drag only cars, road course only cars built to SCCA restrictions................and stricly street cars that could a little of all. The old say, "How fast you can go depends on how deep your pockets are", is very true.
For an open track use pre-2015 to beat a GT350R is going to be expensive and to beat a Z06 is going to be very expensive. After seeing some of the road coarse 15 Mustangs doing very well and actually placing on the podium my suggestion would be to start with a 15 or newer............better motor and better suspension for the track part..................just my feelings.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone has given good answers and the one unanswered question from you is how much money are you willing to spend to have a fast drag car/open track car? Looking at making a street/drag/track car that will perform doing all three..........personally I think it's unrealistic.
I've owned drag only cars, road course only cars built to SCCA restrictions................and stricly street cars that could a little of all. The old say, "How fast you can go depends on how deep your pockets are", is very true.
For an open track use pre-2015 to beat a GT350R is going to be expensive and to beat a Z06 is going to be very expensive. After seeing some of the road coarse 15 Mustangs doing very well and actually placing on the podium my suggestion would be to start with a 15 or newer............better motor and better suspension for the track part..................just my feelings.
Yeah i feel ya, i prob would want a decent track car but would really want to have a lot of fun on the street!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yeah i feel ya, i prob would want a decent track car but would really want to have a lot of fun on the street!

Get a 2015 then, much better starting platform for a road course.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
They both are coyotes, but the engine was revised for 2015.

Does anyone have the picture explaining all the changes?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Found it. Here are all the changes.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts