Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for every way to shave time of my 1/4 mile time. I have herd that a front spliter will help but im not sure how true that is.... any input?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I got a chin splitter which made no difference for me. I think about the only exterior mod that would do anything would be lowering it and a functional hood.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Louvers add 15hp to our stangs!
lol, he was asking a serious question, wait till someone gives an answer before you make fun of him :p

and to the OP, I think a front air splitter or a ram air hood would help. you'd have to either
1) make the car more aerodynamic ( I have no clue how)
2) make more downforce (the front air splitter)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I did a GT bumper conversion on my car and they car now sticks more to the road and is tighter feeling. It's the lower valence they come with and allows more air to flow. Also my car runs alot cooler. It also is quicker to jump in rpms due to less drag.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
lol, he was asking a serious question, wait till someone gives an answer before you make fun of him :p

and to the OP, I think a front air splitter or a ram air hood would help. you'd have to either
1) make the car more aerodynamic ( I have no clue how)
2) make more downforce (the front air splitter)
You're tipping into my career. Aerodynamics.

You want to change the way the car deals with air. The lower the car the better. A splitter and such aren't going to do any good a foot off the ground. Notice all circuit track cars are about 6 inches from the pavement. Lowering a car is iffy. Idk how stiff the springs are but the softer means more travel. You'll want a splitter or a lower spoiler, some sort of spoiler besides the stock one that comes with it. Perhaps a pedestal or a bigger duck tail like a Shelby or roush. Don't add scoops, they create drag and weight since they aren't functional. Keep the car clean and waxed. Oh yeah, lighter rims. Mainly spoked or drift style so they cut down weight too.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
We need to know what you have already done to your Mustang

What have you already done as far as performance Mod's?
List them out so someone can answer your question on what to do to get your time lower.
What axle ratio?
Automatic or Manual?
CAI ?
Mufflers?
Headers?

These are some of the things that are needed to know before anybody can advise you on what else you would need.

Also, How much $$$$ do you want to spend?
What are you turning now?

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
What have you already done as far as performance Mod's?
List them out so someone can answer your question on what to do to get your time lower.
What axle ratio?
Automatic or Manual?
CAI ?
Mufflers?
Headers?

These are some of the things that are needed to know before anybody can advise you on what else you would need.

Also, How much $$$$ do you want to spend?
What are you turning now?

Ronnie
He is talking exterior mods as far as aero Ronnie lol

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,336 Posts
Jato bottles:eek: Unless you are going to redesign the front of your car not much will help in a quarter mile. Splitters and Spoilers are there for down force. Down force also creates a different kind of drag, thus possibly slowing you down in the 1/4.
Lowered Stance might help some, but since you are worried about 1/4 mile you want to also keep the back as low as possible for good weight transfer.
The biggest thing to do is weight reduction, no jack or spare, remove the back seat, and then you might be talking a couple of tenths and a mile per hour or 2 in the trap.
You are still pushing a Brick through the air.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jato bottles:eek: Unless you are going to redesign the front of your car not much will help in a quarter mile. Splitters and Spoilers are there for down force. Down force also creates a different kind of drag, thus possibly slowing you down in the 1/4.
Lowered Stance might help some, but since you are worried about 1/4 mile you want to also keep the back as low as possible for good weight transfer.
The biggest thing to do is weight reduction, no jack or spare, remove the back seat, and then you might be talking a couple of tenths and a mile per hour or 2 in the trap.
You are still pushing a Brick through the air.
+1 exactly. Dude aerodynamics and downforce wont help you in the quater mile which is why this is a silly question

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,336 Posts
+1 exactly. Dude aerodynamics and downforce wont help you in the quarter mile which is why this is a silly question
Although the Jato Bottles would help :lmao:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Excuse me if I'm wrong and I don't mean to sound like a dick, but we all know we drive v6's, not Super Snakes, right? There's only so much aerodynamics can do for a car that (while stock) can only produce a little over 300 hp. Besides, we're not driving our cars like Vaughn Griffin or Ken Block who can actually benefit from the exterior mods.

My point is that in most cases, exterior mods are for the physical appearance of our beautiful cars, not to gain horsepower.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Excuse me if I'm wrong and I don't mean to sound like a dick, but we all know we drive v6's, not Super Snakes, right? There's only so much aerodynamics can do for a car that (while stock) can only produce a little over 300 hp. Besides, we're not driving our cars like Vaughn Griffin or Ken Block who can actually benefit from the exterior mods.

My point is that in most cases, exterior mods are for the physical appearance of our beautiful cars, not to gain horsepower.
True
But when you said v6
You know that the gtr is a v6....
And a damn good one toi

·
Registered
519 Posts
True
But when you said v6
You know that the gtr is a v6....
And a damn good one toi
Touche. But now we're comparing a green apple to a red apple and it just so happens the green apple is twin turbo'd...

Thanks for bringing up the GT-R. I freaking love that car. :love:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Touche. But now we're comparing a green apple to a red apple and it just so happens the green apple is twin turbo'd...

Thanks for bringing up the GT-R. I freaking love that car. :love:
With work, you could TT the v6
With lots of work
Lots and lots of work :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts