Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those that didn't know, one of my subs stopped working, so I yanked her apart, and saw a very devistating site... the cone had been sheered off from the magnet.... not torn, sheered. I thought back to what could've caused this and then it hit me... my roommate threw a bowling ball in my trunk when we went to the bowling alley, and didn't tell me about it, so I had my subs on.... well... a 1.2 Kg magnet thrusting a cone into a 12 pound bowling ball would break something.. and I"m assuming it broke the paperish cone. My theory anyway... I'm in the process of attempting to fix it with superglue... I'll have to tell you how that turns out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
you're best off getting a new sub. it will come apart if you glue it... i know from experience.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
screw super glue, duct tape! cant duct it f*k it :D words to live by my friends ;)

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't fit my fat fingers inside that sub head to tape it... it's a Kenwood dB+ 800 watt sub... 10''. 1.2 Kg magnet on the back of this thing. I'm thinking hot glue as well as superglue, and maybe some plastic modeling glue.... basically, I'm gonna glue it with any substance I know is sticky... better rephrase that, any substance that can be used as a glue. I'll even use Elmers... damn this kinda pisses me off. Then again, I do have half a trunk now. I was going to build a custom box for my trunk, so I needed to take one out to measure anyway, but now I'm thinking I may have to purchase two new subs so they match, since they don't make these anymore... and then I'm gonna get raped on prices... and if I do that, I might as well jump to the 12'' subs.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Look on ebay and see if you can find one...

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Or you could just get away from Kenwood...and get a real sub lol. j/k

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey now, these are DAMN nice subs for what I paid... I got the sub including the box for $40... pair for $80. all because I took their last two ;)

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
haha, I had a kenwood for my first sub, it's still floating around in my room mate's house somewhere....but yeh, good subs for the price, i just kept blowing the voice coil on mine, got sick of fixing it

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've never come close to blowing it... but this was pretty funny. I was at a light, actually, I pulled into the turn lane next to this other guy who was also turning, and it was red, so naturally, we were stopping/stopped. And I had my sub (singular) just pounding. And out of the corner of my eye, I see his hand like waving up and down really fast.... so I hit my mute button... and he goes, oh my God dude, I love your set-up... you're rocking MY seats, hahahaha. I was like, I've got 1-10" back there right now. haha. But yeah, they were really rocking my seats, between the exhaust and subs my seat felt like a massage chair... great night. #2 greatest compliment on my car now :D

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
haha

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sooooo much fun

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes, but I have no silicon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar experience, my cousin decided to take off my grill thinking he would help my system sound better, then threw in a few parts we were going to put on my car. That didn't turn out too well.. tears in the sub don't make for good sound! :( I'm only pushin one because that's all I can fit without going custom, and it sounds real nice. I get all sorts of compliments.. haven't rocked someone else's seats yet, but I do rattle windows :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts