Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So out of no where the engagement started right off the floor. When I first installed my centerforce it grabbed like at halfway up. So today it started being almost impossible to put in gear, but only while the cars running. It goes in easier if you pump the hell out of the clutch. What is failing? I'm guessing the slave?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Maybe air in the system

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fluids good. I called my mechanic, told him I had to pump the pedal to get it to let me in gear. I have 80k on her so he said it sounded like the clutch master cylinder. The slave is brand new and with the fluid topped off I feel inclined to agree with him. He's pretty sharp so I'm gonna try to find one and swap it tomorrow. Thanks for the input fellas

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
You should try to bleed the slave cylinder before you start swapping parts. If there is air in the system, you can still have a full reservoir.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
primer2tone said:
You should try to bleed the slave cylinder before you start swapping parts. If there is air in the system, you can still have a full reservoir.
Tried it. No effect. Clutch slave it is. No big deal. Ill limp her home and order the part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts