Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle is a 2003 Mustang

My car came from the factory without the door body side moldings to add a little more protection from door dings. I can order Ford OEM's that are also painted for $110 and install myself. For you that have them do they offer decent protection or should I go with the aftermarket route? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
deltadart11 said:
Vehicle is a 2003 Mustang

My car came from the factory without the door body side moldings to add a little more protection from door dings. I can order Ford OEM's that are also painted for $110 and install myself. For you that have them do they offer decent protection or should I go with the aftermarket route? Thanks!
Are you talking about the straight line that goes horizontal down the car door? If so, I figured they was clipped in, not just stuck on. Research that. I like the none strip look better but that's just me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the ones i'm talking about. The ones i'm looking at mount with 3M double sided tape. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
deltadart11 said:
Thats the ones i'm talking about. The ones i'm looking at mount with 3M double sided tape. Thanks for your help!
And also they offer limited protection. Not worth 110$ IMO. It would prolly hit other places on your door before that strip stopped it.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
they don't add any protection...ford wasted their resources building them. if you really want them go to a junk yard and spend $10 and paint them for another $5 with some colormatch...they use 3m an honestly look horrible IMO.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
deltadart11 said:
Decided to sell the Mustang so im going to forget it.
Wtf why :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My intention before I bought the 03 Mustang was to buy an older one just to have something to tinker around with. This one is perfect with nothing left to do. Nice car but it's time to sell and make a few $$ and move on to the next car.

I'm retired and this is what keeps me busy. Currently i'm looking for a 8-10 year old Miata,install a hardtop,and then sell it. Miata's are very rare in this area. Next choice would be a 04-06 Pontiac GTO. Also rare around here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts