Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2013 GT 5.0 Candy Apple Red metallic with manual trans, brembo brake package with 3.73 gears and want to do some upgrades. What upgrades can I do without voiding the warranty?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 GT 5.0 Candy Apple Red metallic with manual trans, brembo brake package with 3.73 gears and want to do some upgrades. What upgrades can I do without voiding the warranty?
you pretty much cant do anything to it according to the dealerships but as long as you don't get a supercharger you should be fine because they have to prove what mods you did caused your car to mess up and a cai, exhaust, headers or anything like that is not going to cause your car to breakdown

·
Registered
389 Posts
layton said:
you pretty much cant do anything to it according to the dealerships but as long as you don't get a supercharger you should be fine because they have to prove what mods you did caused your car to mess up and a cai, exhaust, headers or anything like that is not going to cause your car to breakdown
That's wrong roush superchargers are covered

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Bladezx said:
That's wrong roush superchargers are covered
That depends on the specific dealer. If they do the work, they may cover it.

But a lot of dealers like my local dealer (Champion Ford) don't cover any modification even FRPP.

If the dealer says they'll cover a modification, get it in writing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I'm pretty sure that's covered by roush not factory
Roush covers the supercharger and the engine. It doesnt cover ur tranny or anything else though and ur dealer can still void ur warranty so if your tranny goes ur sol.

·
Registered
389 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I'm pretty sure that's covered by roush not factory
I thought it had to be installed by a ford technician for that. I was told that at one of the dealers I was at.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Edens5 said:
Roush covers the supercharger and the engine. It doesnt cover ur tranny or anything else though and ur dealer can still void ur warranty so if your tranny goes ur sol.
Just had this conversation with Roush a few weeks ago. As long as the tvs2300 575 HP kit is installed by a Ford tech you can purchase an optional $375 warranty from Roush that Ford has an agreement with them to still cover the engine and powertrain for 3yr/36,000 miles. If you get the stage 2 625 HP kit, it voids the car's engine and powertrain. Both stage 1 and 2 have a 3yr/36,000 on the tvs2300 as long as installed by Ford tech with the Roush tune.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking more in the area of exhaust and suspension upgrades. I installed a flowmaster on my 08 and the dealer said as long as its a bolt on it doesn't void the warranty, don't know if it still applies. I purchased the 6/100,000 extended warranty and the maintenance package on my 2013 GT. Thanks for the info everyone.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Twampa1 said:
I was looking more in the area of exhaust and suspension upgrades. I installed a flowmaster on my 08 and the dealer said as long as its a bolt on it doesn't void the warranty, don't know if it still applies. I purchased the 6/100,000 extended warranty and the maintenance package on my 2013 GT. Thanks for the info everyone.
I only put bolt ons on my stang... Basically stuff I can take off real fast if something goes wrong lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dealer told me you can put a catback system on as long as you don't mess with o2 sensors. I asked them about intake but wouldn't give me a specific answer. I would like to know if the boss intake will void warranty since it is off a factory mustang??

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
Dealer told me you can put a catback system on as long as you don't mess with o2 sensors. I asked them about intake but wouldn't give me a specific answer. I would like to know if the boss intake will void warranty since it is off a factory mustang??
Make sure you get that in writing... This has been a debate for quite sometime, warranty can only be voided if it is proven that your aftermarket part caused another component to fail. But yes boss IM is very likely to void warranty because it requires a custom tune

·
Registered
169 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Make sure you get that in writing... This has been a debate for quite sometime, warranty can only be voided if it is proven that your aftermarket part caused another component to fail. But yes boss IM is very likely to void warranty because it requires a custom tune
Yea i figured it would void the warranty... can't have any fun

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Lol do it, a safe bet is to wait until you have 10k on the odometer first though. Most (not all) issues seen with these cars failing comes in the first 10k, I think mine was only at 8k when I really started modding

1 - 17 of 17 Posts