Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about painting my wing red and moving it back 2" or 3" so it hangs over the trunk a little more. How do you guys think it would look, I want some opinions before I do it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
I am thinking about painting my wing red and moving it back 2" or 3" so it hangs over the trunk a little more. How do you guys think it would look, I want some opinions before I do it.
If you are gunna move it back I would do it just enough to where the stock mounting holes won't show. Not too sure how far you can move it back without them showing. But you could always get one of those rounded bolts and paint it black and put a nut on the other side. I personally wouldn't like the look, but if its what you wanna do just gopher it!!!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
What spoiler do you have?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dub9stang said:
If you are gunna move it back I would do it just enough to where the stock mounting holes won't show. Not too sure how far you can move it back without them showing. But you could always get one of those rounded bolts and paint it black and put a nut on the other side. I personally wouldn't like the look, but if its what you wanna do just gopher it!!!
Yes I have a cobra R wing on there now, and it looks wack lol so I want to go back to the original spoiler but I want a twist to it, you know? But I'm very undecided but I have red decals on the front so I'm going to paint the factory wing red and maybe move back idk yet.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

lowflyn said:
What spoiler do you have?
I want to put the 2004 GT spoiler back on, but wondering how it will look moved back about 2"

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you will have to drill more holes, and probably the ones there wont be covered.

If the holes are OEM location wise then you can go with a saleen 1 peice or similar and they look different and are not super costly

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yeh... That would look weird.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll look into them, and I wouldn't be drilling holes lol the place that paints it for me I want to see if they can install it. When they installed the cobra R wing I'm pretty sure they welded it on

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
If you would rather go with a 99-00 wing then it would look pretty good moved back. I moved mine probably an inch and it looks pretty different.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JDF said:
If you would rather go with a 99-00 wing then it would look pretty good moved back. I moved mine probably an inch and it looks pretty different.
Yeah i have seen a couple different pictures of the Wing moved back an I think it looks pretty good. Just don't want to make another mistake I don't like again and waiste the $$ like I did with the cobra r wing. I would only move it back like the picture below

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
Yeah i have seen a couple different pictures of the Wing moved back an I think it looks pretty good. Just don't want to make another mistake I don't like again and waiste the $$ like I did with the cobra r wing. I would only move it back like the picture below[/QUOTE

This is what I did to mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Whoops, wasn't done with my post. Mine is about where that middle mustang is. Here is a photo of what it was stock. That first one of the previous post is what it is now.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah looks good, I think I might move mine back about 1" to 1 3/4" and just go with it, anything will look better than it does now lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I moved the 99-00 spoiler back two inches on my last car. Looked perfect

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't know the spoilers on the 00 GT were different than the 04 GT I never realized it. I think it would look good painted red and moved back a little bit, but no more than 2"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts