Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did Emissions today and I FAILED>...

HC ppm Limit is 76 reading is 56 PASS

CO% Limit is 0.42 Reading is 0.17 PASS

NO ppm Limit is 605 Reading is 1163 FAIL

So what could be the problem? The guy doing the emission said it can either be the O2 Sensors, EGR valve or the Cats.

Please help

Thanks

Sig below.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Is your check engine light on? Usually if its the o2 sensors bad you will see a check engine light.

Cats could be clogged. How many miles are on the car?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
NitrousGT said:
No check engine light. bassani x pipe with cats are 3 years old. approx 25K miles on them
the fact that you are missing two cats could cause your ppm limit to rise. Its not the 02 sensors or the egr valve or you would see a check engine light. My guess is its the high flow cats

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I just passed OBDII inspection with my MAC high flow H, I got it used a year old and have had it about 2 years now, of course they don't use a sniffer, its done with your computer hooked to a computer. They looked at my H pipe sort of funny, I told them what it was and that it is supposed to be 50 state legal. I have an a NC emissions sticker anyhow! :)

As much as Bassani stuff costs I think I would be on the phone with Bassani wanting to know why their X pipe won't pass emissions tests????:bad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will call Bassani and see what they say. I dont think they will do any refunds or exchanged. I have had the X pipe for about 3 years now. I just want a short fix so i can pass the NOx ppm and drop the reading down

any suggestion?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
NitrousGT said:
I will call Bassani and see what they say. I dont think they will do any refunds or exchanged. I have had the X pipe for about 3 years now. I just want a short fix so i can pass the NOx ppm and drop the reading down

any suggestion?
if the cats are bad on the x pipe there is no short fix. You will need to buy two more high flow cats and put them on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i bout the additive from Pep Boys and it claims you will pass emissions if u use it. i am going to try it out and see how it goes. the x pipe is only 3 years old. it cant go bad already.

·
Registered
31 Posts
NitrousGT said:
i bout the additive from Pep Boys and it claims you will pass emissions if u use it. i am going to try it out and see how it goes. the x pipe is only 3 years old. it cant go bad already.
crap

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
NitrousGT said:
lol you cant tell a cat when to go bad. Lots of things can make a cat go bad fast.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I couldn't swear, but I would bet nitrous might be one of those things.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Actually Nitrous, Over rich condition can burn them out> But actually I have heard nothing but bad stuff about aftermarket Cats from My dyno guy and at tuning events. Evidently most of the Aftermarket cats our not made as good as the OEM ones

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the car just had the head swapped to a 02 5.4L heads so i prob have to drive the car for a while to get it adjusted then it might pass emissions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts