Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate fake stuff on a muscle car. I punched out those fake plastic vents on the lower front bumper, so now they're real vents. Anyone else do that? If Ford is going to go through the trouble to make a fake vent, just go a step further and make it functional! Lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
I really hate fake stuff on a muscle car. I punched out those fake plastic vents on the lower front bumper, so now they're real vents. Anyone else do that? If Ford is going to go through the trouble to make a fake vent, just go a step further and make it functional! Lol
I've looked into the boss brake vents but they aren't really worth the cost

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
What exactly did you remove? And by punching them out, how are they functional? What are they "venting" now that they are removed?

I agree with you in that certain fake vents and side window louvers do nothing (for me); they were intended to connect to duct tubes and then to cool brakes on the real deal race cars.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Which is why I'm looking into boss brake ducts lol. It doesn't bother me and I like the aesthetics of some fake stuff.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I've looked into the boss brake vents but they aren't really worth the cost
That's a subjective matter ... if they keep your brakes cool on the track and prolong the life of somewhat expensive components, then I would say they are worth it and many road racers/corner carvers would agree. For Street/Strip duty though, yes, I agree they are worthless.

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I just ordered the plastic vents, its looks better than the original ones that comes on our cars, but i agree, the whole setup is too much money

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have fog light's there on my car. You can see it in this picture.
I don't like fake parts also on such a bad ass car, My car came with the side scoop and they lasted about a couple week before they had to go.
I like your hood pins, are they functional, if yes lmk where i cam get them

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

I have fog light's there on my car. You can see it in this picture.
I don't like fake parts also on such a bad ass car, My car came with the side scoop and they lasted about a couple week before they had to go.
Btw, i will say your car looks bad ass, you have the grill i wanted if i ever do lower fogs with the center fog delete

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
They are, My hood open on the highway, Was only held in place by the second latch. That's why I installed them. There UPR. Very nice quality. UPR site or Ebay has them, About $140-150
So their upr brand? And can you post or email me some interior pics, my hood flops like it wants to fall off around 145 mph

·
Banned
224 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
To Racksteris, dude your car looks mean I must say, esp w/ those rims and the hood pins. It definitely works with the black color. I wanted black but ended up going with gray just because the car I had beforehand was black and I live in Texas, it got way too hot and crapped out the leather(it was an Infiniti G35) plus in the summer the interior got up to 125 so I decided to go w/ gray to keep the temps down.

·
Banned
224 Posts
To Racksteris, dude your car looks mean I must say, esp w/ those rims and the hood pins. It definitely works with the black color. I wanted black but ended up going with gray just because the car I had beforehand was black and I live in Texas, it got way too hot and crapped out the leather(it was an Infiniti G35) plus in the summer the interior got up to 125 so I decided to go w/ gray to keep the temps down.
Thanks. A lot of people tell me my car looks pissed off.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts