Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
...the law can be interpreted several different ways. Bottom line, it is up to Ford Corporate whether your vehicle will be covered under warranty. No dealership connection or promise will do you any good.

If you want to press the issue I'm sure you could spend a few grand and file suit against Ford...let me know how that goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lowflyn said:
...the law can be interpreted several different ways. Bottom line, it is up to Ford Corporate whether your vehicle will be covered under warranty. No dealership connection or promise will do you any good.

If you want to press the issue I'm sure you could spend a few grand and file suit against Ford...let me know how that goes.
For one that isn't actually how the law reads and two once again a lawyer doesn't take pay until the trial is over so when you win I'm are you'll be fine
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
AndreaCristiano said:
For one that isn't actually how the law reads and two once again a lawyer doesn't take pay until the trial is over so when you win I'm are you'll be fine
1. I don't care how the law reads, i'm telling you how it is.
2. You sure know some generous lawyers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
I'm pretty sure they won't say anything if you come in for a loose seat belt and have axle back exhaust. I'm also pretty sure if you bring your car in with a blown engine and axle back you'll be without a car for a few months. Ford corporate will either send someone to tear it down piece by piece or ship the car there to do it.

I've been through a warranty dispute with ford. Dealership said it was covered and went ahead with the repairs. Corporate decided it wasn't covered and we ended up settling at 50% coverage. Same part failed again 11 months later and the 12/12 warranty was deemed void by ford corporate. This was on a 100% bone stock vehicle btw.

Had 3 different lawyers work on the case and none of them would touch it after receiving letters from ford cotporate.

I'm just trying to be the realist here, i've been through this.

Also don't forget not only can they tell if the vehicle ecu has ever been tampered with they can also pull up exactly what the driver was doing when the failure occurred.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lowflyn said:
I'm pretty sure they won't say anything if you come in for a loose seat belt and have axle back exhaust. I'm also pretty sure if you bring your car in with a blown engine and axle back you'll be without a car for a few months. Ford corporate will either send someone to tear it down piece by piece or ship the car there to do it.

I've been through a warranty dispute with ford. Dealership said it was covered and went ahead with the repairs. Corporate decided it wasn't covered and we ended up settling at 50% coverage. Same part failed again 11 months later and the 12/12 warranty was deemed void by ford corporate. This was on a 100% bone stock vehicle btw.

Had 3 different lawyers work on the case and none of them would touch it after receiving letters from ford cotporate.

I'm just trying to be the realist here, i've been through this.

Also don't forget not only can they tell if the vehicle ecu has ever been tampered with they can also pull up exactly what the driver was doing when the failure occurred.
Your situation sucks and you got screwed no two ways about it. There is no way a stock car should have had a voided warranty. So I'm sorry your story isn't the average situation you got nailed and unfairly
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top