Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 v8 mustang GT my car is fast but i feel like I'm a little slow of the line.. it just revs really hard but doesn't really go anywhere.. anyone know the reason for this?!? or what I can do to fix it even if its just a little?!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Auto or manual?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Srry manual.. Revs really hard on 1st.. But doesn't jump they way I would like.. I know u can prolly adjust the gears but really don't know how too. Any suggestions?!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Does sound like clutch slip. Try going down the road at about 40, put the car in 5th and give it 80% throttle. If it revs without speeding up your clutch is slipping

·
Registered
227 Posts
Your approaching 10 years when things start to get worn. Do you have any mods? You might want to try a couple easy fixes before anything drastic: 1) replace spark plugs, 2) remove and clean throttle body (45 min max job), 3) fuel injectors (?). Do you know what gears you have (3.15, 3.53)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lowflyn said:
Does sound like clutch slip. Try going down the road at about 40, put the car in 5th and give it 80% throttle. If it revs without speeding up your clutch is slipping
I will try this low Ty!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doug5.0 said:
Your approaching 10 years when things start to get worn. Do you have any mods? You might want to try a couple easy fixes before anything drastic: 1) replace spark plugs, 2) remove and clean throttle body (45 min max job), 3) fuel injectors (?). Do you know what gears you have (3.15, 3.53)?
Ty for the suggestions Doug. Unfortunately I know Nadda on how to fix cars.. Srry I'm retarded!! I don't know how to do any of that and I don't know what gears I have.. Like I said retarded lol.. But Ty for input really do appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

taylor98gt said:
If its Manuel you prolly need a clutch, mine slips bad under hard accel.
If that's what it is.. Is it fixable?! Or buy new parts?!

·
Registered
779 Posts
lynnshowoff said:
I have a 2004 v8 mustang GT my car is fast but i feel like I'm a little slow of the line.. it just revs really hard but doesn't really go anywhere.. anyone know the reason for this?!? or what I can do to fix it even if its just a little?!
drag radials

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not to sound rude, but do you know anything about these cars? They come with 3.27s from the factory.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
lynnshowoff said:
Ty for the suggestions Doug. Unfortunately I know Nadda on how to fix cars.. Srry I'm retarded!! I don't know how to do any of that and I don't know what gears I have.. Like I said retarded lol.. But Ty for input really do appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

If that's what it is.. Is it fixable?! Or buy new parts?!
New clutch I believe is the fix lol.

·
Registered
227 Posts
lynnshowoff said:

These are really easy things to do, check YouTube for a walk through. Can be done easily with hand tools, if you can change a chain on a bike, you can do this stuff... Seriously. If its none of the things I've mentioned then the worst that's happened is that your out $30 for plugs, you learned something new and you've helped maintain your car. I hope you do it mainly for the experience of getting under your hood, cheers!

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

GSRGuy94 said:
Not to sound rude, but do you know anything about these cars? They come with 3.27s from the factory.
No, I know nothing about cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts