Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thanksgiving was a grreat thanksgiving. Getting to see all your family (even the ones you dont like) and all the turkey and dressing you could ever eat! I'm also pleased to say my cousin bought his own 2001 white V6 mustang coupe... Which is for now completely stock except for the subs (600 watt kenwood 10 inch sub with 450 watt amp) Well, my cousins and I took a ride in it, it was fast, although my 5 speed seemes faster, it was fast. And he was crazy. Driving down the public highways and skinny curvy county roads at 115 mph+ was making our trip take no time at all. I was just hoping a deer wouldnt run out in front of us! But it was cool to see the mustang get up to and over 120 in hardly no time at all. We nearly could have recked many times coming up over steep hills and cars being parked on top, if it wasnt for the grand brakes... Over all it was the fastest and maybe even one of the scariest rides of my life...

We also went bowling. I scored a high of 85!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
That would be the Runway at which Corey works at ( Lockheed )

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Here in Greenville, SC. I work at the old Donaldson AFB and of the three runways only one is active, one has hangers on it and is the flightline (Parking area) and the other is used by BMW, Michelin and me to test our cars

·
Premium Member
897 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish I had my own personal runway!! Going that fast alot isnt to good for our motors though is it? Cause at 125 the rpm is at 3500 in 5th... Oh well I am going to practice my drum solo now 8)

·
Registered
301 Posts
You should come up here, Corey. Runway over at Pease handles NH Air Guard's refueling wing, and is an emergency landing site for the Space Shuttle :)

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
being bad on the motor is not the problem its killing yoru self or worse some one else thats the problem.

·
Registered
231 Posts
an RPM is a RPM bet it 3,500 in 1st or 5th.
The wear on the engine is the same.

The most damge occurs during acceleration from a standstill. That is what is hard because it causes stress on the entire vehicle. The drivetrain (engine back) most of all.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Finally, someone else going over 120 in stock 99+ stang. People told me that it couldn't be done and that I didn't do it. At least someone else can attest to the fact that they'll do it and do it well. But alrighty, cool job man. Gotta love stangs at 120+

·
Registered
574 Posts
Not calling you a liar... But I've taken my stang to 120 a few times and at 120 the fuel pump cuts out and the car just sort of loses power until it slows down and the pump turns back on... I thought the governor wasn't for speed, but for RPM in fifth gear...... So maybe it's because I have an auto and my RPMs are higher in final gear or something though...

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Well when you are attempting a high speed run take it out of overdrive. I just ran down the runway 30 min ago and once again buried the speedo. sure wish V6 cars had better speedos

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well the speedo only goes to 120... And from what I heard the governor is at 118... So you can pretty much hit 120... But past that? There's a little peg that blocks the needle.. So how do you know your speed? And our speedos are not accurate over 100... So...

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
well with a chip you remove the limiter and the fastest I have gotten to was 136 with a 03 cobra besides me. Actually the fuel does not cut out. At 116 the computer shuts down 3 of the cylinders from firing. Fordchip disables that if you want like on mine ;)

On another note a MD Dyno is a 1 to 1 dyno It can caliberate weight of the car and wind resistance and get you a very accurate speed reading while making a dyno run

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i thought ball bearings were sucked down to the fuel pump to block off the fuel lines and thats why it shuts off. Im pretty sure its a fuel pump thing.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
well how would the computer control that unless it is controlling the vacume. the fact is the fordchip eliminates the speed control. The ball bearing thing is warped it is easier for the computer to shut off the injectors

1 - 19 of 19 Posts